Application Deadline: October 17 2014
Start-up Egypt is a pipeline tailored to passionate, hard-working, creative university students. The purpose is a holistic, long-term approach that can take an enthusiastic student from any field of study in any public university with no prior business experience or knowledge, and transform him or her into a successful entrepreneur with an innovative new business that contributes to our national economy and generates jobs.
- Be a Nationality of Egypt
- Be between the age 20 and 25 Years Old.
- Applications should be filled in by the founder of the idea.
- Teams cannot exceed 5 members.
- If you do not have a team there will be a networking event where you can form teams with other students.
The pipeline is divided into three main phases to ensure each member is exposed to all the necessary information.
- The first phase, ideation, is when INJAZ opens its doors for applications. Students are expected to form teams with a maximum of five students in each team and provide a write-up about their business idea. This phase exposes 120 teams to necessary trainings and camps that touch on various business-planning pillars such as teamwork, and being entrepreneurial. Towards the end of this phase, presentations to a panel of judges will determine which teams will be moving on to the second phase of the pipeline
- The second phase, acceleration, is when students develop their product/service further whilst receiving guidance and assistance along the way. Teams enter our Start-Up school, which subjects them to finance, branding, product development, business modeling, and soft skills boot camps over a period of several weeks. Teams are also assigned mentors to guide them through this phase particularly in the development of a prototype of their product and a drafting of a comprehensive business plan.
- The third phase, incubation, is chiefly concerned with ensuring teams receive all the necessary components to launch their business idea into the real world. Winning teams are provided with physical incubation with access to office space, interns, legal registration, and seed funding. Business plan consultation will also be offered to the incubated teams.
For More Information: