Submission Deadline: 30th November 2014.
Share your African Cuisine With the World via Wikimedia Commons and win prizes!
Wiki Loves Africa (WLA) is an annual contest that encourages entries from across Africa of media (photographs, video and audio) to Wikimedia Commons for use on Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. The theme for the 2014 photo contest is CUISINE. Enter your photos, videos and interviews about your cuisine and win prizes. Contest runs from 1st October to 30th November 2014.
Images submitted in the Wiki Loves Africa contest may win prizes! There are a few rules to respect for the images to be eligible.
- All photos must be taken by the person submitting them. They can be either self-uploaded or uploaded during a registered mass upload session.
- Upload is done in October and November 2014 only. But you can enter media that was taken at any time, even historical photographs, as long as you own the copyright on these photographs.
- All entries will have the following licence: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 (CC-BY-SA 3.0). Read more about the Creative Commons licences here.
- All eligible pictures will be categorised under Wiki Loves Africa 2014, this will be automatically assigned during the upload process.
- Participants should enable e-mail on Wikimedia Commons to be eligible for prizes.
How to join Wiki Loves Africa?
Take some photos
This is the fun part! You can find a list of the types of photos that can be entered here. On this page you will also find tips on how to take the best pictures, videos or audio.
Select the best
Your media (photo, video clip or audio clip) might go onto Wikipedia to illustrate an article. So choose the photos that would enhance an article about the subject of your media. Select the best of your photos and media where the subject matter is clear and in focus. The best photos are often those that have the most interesting angle or an unusual food, but remember some pictures
Register on Commons to take part
You have to be registered on Commons in order to enter the competition. Register here.
Use the Upload Wizard to enter your photographs
(this link will be active only from the 1st October)
For More Information: