Application Deadline: January 15 2015
Applications are now been received for For students from developing countries who are currently studying in the United States or Canada, the MMMF awards grants of approximately $12,000 each; grants are not renewable. The MARGARET MCNAMARA MEMORIAL FUND also typically invites the recipients to Washington DC to participate in a three day Awards Program organized in their honor.
Eligible applicants are women from developing countries currently enrolled at accredited universities in the US or Canada. A candidate applying for the MMMF grant from US/Canadian universities must meet all of the following criteria:
- Has a record of service (paid and/or volunteer) to women and children in the developing world.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improve the lives of women and children in the developing world through field of study and/or topic of research.
- Plan to return to her country (or other developing country) within two years of completing her degree and intends to work to improve the lives of women and/or children.
- Demonstrates financial need by providing relevant financial information.
- Be enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the US or Canada for the full academic year in which the application is submitted and intend to be enrolled for the subsequent year covered by the grant.
- Be a national of an eligible developing or middle-income country (see Country Eligibility List) and residing in the United States or Canada. United States citizens or permanent residents (green card holders, Canadian citizens or Canadian landed immigrants are not eligible.
- Demonstrate good academic performance at the university where she is registered.
- Be at least 25 years of age by the relevant application deadline.
- Not be an immediate or extended family member of any World Bank Group, IMF or Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) staff member or their spouse.
- Not received a MMMF grant in any prior year.
Choose one of the following options to start/access your online application:
First Time User: Register to apply
Returning User: Log-in to continue with application
Two (2) recommendation forms are required. Please make sure to fill out the referees section in the Online Application form because this detail wull be used to send a request reminder to your referee.
- One must be by a professor from your present institution.
- The other can be by a former professor/supervisor from your country or elsewhere. One of the individuals must have known you for at least two semesters.
- Supporting documents
- Copy of your passport picture page
- Copy of your US or Canada visa / study permit;
- Copy of your Official transcripts from your current university only: – (if your program is for research and without grades, a progress report from a supervising professor must be submitted with institutional seal and Registrar’s signature)
- Official confirmation of registration in your academic institution for current semester: – with institutional seal and Registrar’s signature. Acceptance Letters are not needed and do not substitute for Proof of Registration/Enrollment.
For More Information: