Application Deadline: October 31st 2014
When: Winter Internship (December-March)
What: Internships Providing graduate students practical experience in global development.
The application period for the Winter Internship is September 1 – October 31 each year. All applications MUST be submitted on-line. Applications submitted after the deadline are not considered
The World Bank Internship Programme offers highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting.
- To be eligible for the Internship, candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and
- Already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing aMaster’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity).
- Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs.
Fields of Study:
- This Internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields:
- Economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Prior relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
- The Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses.
- Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations.
- Most positions are located in Washington, DC (some positions are offered in country offices) and are a minimum of four weeks in duration.