Application Deadline: November 30 2014
The African Fellowship Trust is a registered UK charity with overview of the ‘Africa’s Land and Food Fellowship’ (ALFF) programme. The ALFF programme offers Scholarships for African students to study at the Royal Agricultural University at Cirencester in the UK, with industrial placements at South Africa’s Stellenbosch University. The African Fellowship Trust maintains close contact with Fellows when they return home in order to monitor progress on projects and careers,
Since the Fellowship was launched in 2005, over £1.6 million has been generously provided by business donors, and since 2012 the UK Government, in support of the programme.
This funding is provided for leadership training; the development of professional networks and supporting industrial experience, together with study opportunities on Master’s programmes in agriculture, food and rural development at the Royal Agricultural University.
Fellowships are offered to Africans from Sub-Saharan Africa who have experience in agriculture, food or natural resource management; an interest in land reform; and a desire to make a strategic and sustainable contribution to Africa’s development. In short, tomorrow’s innovators and leaders.
- Scholarships cover tuition fees, board and accommodation, flights to and from the UK (and where applicable to and from South Africa),
- provision for networking and a short industrial placement either in Africa under the guidance of Stellenbosch University or in the UK.
- Scholarships also cover incidental costs whilst in the UK and on placement; however, applicants are advised that funding does not include provision for home and family costs.
All applicants, irrespective of source of funding, must complete the Africa’s Land and Food Fellowship application form and ensure two referees also support the application.
Africa’s Land and Food Fellowship Applications
- You should apply online to the Royal Agricultural University by the deadline of the 30th November 2014.
- If you are unable to apply online you can download and complete both the application and reference forms
- . These should then be submitted electronically to African.Fellowship@rau.ac.uk or posted to the address specified on the forms.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: