Registration Deadline: 22nd September 2015
When: February 4th – 6th 2016
Where: Nairobi, Kenya
Conference Theme: Effective Cooperation for Impact-Oriented Countering Violent Extremism (CVE)
The maiden International Youth Conference on Counter-Terrorism (IYCCT) comes as a follow up to the ‘Regional Conference on Countering Violent Extremism (CVE)’ which was held in Nairobi (Kenya) from 25th to 27th June 2015.
Nairobi (Kenya) from 25th to 27th June 2015. The theme of the said regional CVE conference was “Strengthening Cooperation to Counter Violent Extremism”, broken down into the following topical discussions:
1. Typologies and Drivers of Violent Extremism in Africa;
2. Understanding the architecture & dynamics of radicalization and recruitment;
3. Counter narratives to ideologies promoting violent ideologies;
4. The role of private sector in CVE;
5. Effective NGO and CBO programming for CVE;
6. Promoting research and learning for evidence-driven CVE action;
7. CVE in cyberspace & social media;
8. Developing national CVE plans;
9. Effective partnering in combating violent extremism.
- A youth of minimum age 16 to a Maximum Age of 35 Years old;
- Must be from the United Nations Member States listed here: http://www.un.org/en/members/
The thematic buildup of the IYCCT hence aims at furthering the recommendations and conclusions of the Regional CVE conference.
- The IYCCT 1 will bring together a total of 200 participants drawn from youth representatives and leaders drawn from CVE impact countries, professionals and practitioners involved in CVE from across the globe, and NGO and corporate world representatives.
Opportunities for Partnerships
- Institutions of Higher learning to provide core support, drive growth and impact objectives on the IYCCT thematic development;
- Marketing, in-kind and Host City support by Media bodies and host country government agencies and ministries;
- Impact partnerships with NGOs to support the monitoring and evaluating of impactful IYAAT resident Representative activities;
- Corporate bodies to champion the appraisal of outstanding participants of the IYCCT;
- Foundation partnerships to support scholarship programmes and charitable objectives;
- Exhibiting at One Young World for a unique opportunity to showcase brand and innovation to the world’s future and current leadership;
- Support of individual IYCCT participant(s) to champion a young delegate or delegation.