Mwisho wa Maombi: Novemba 30th 2018
mwaka National Geographic Society/Buffett Awards for Leadership in Conservation were established by the Society and The Howard G. Buffett Foundation to recognize and celebrate unsung heroes working in the field. Two awards are presented each year: one for achievement in Africa (established in 2002) and the other for achievement in Latin America (established in 2005).
Wapokeaji wa tuzo hizi wameonyesha uongozi bora katika kusimamia na kulinda rasilimali za asili katika mikoa na nchi zao. Aidha, wao ni watetezi wa uhifadhi wa kila mmoja ambao hutumika kama mifano na washauri.
Award recipients are chosen from nominations submitted to National Geographic Society through a rigorous peer-review process.
- The awardees chosen each year are honored at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., and receive a one-time award of $25,000 to support their ongoing work.
- Nominee lazima citizen from the country where he/she develops the conservation work
- Nominee lazima an accomplished individual that has created positive change in his/her community through conservation
- Buffett Awards are NOT lifetime achievement awards, nor are they early career awards. Thus nominees must be at the peak of their careers as conservation leaders
- Buffett Awards are NOT conservation grants. If you are interested in applying to a grant from National Geographic, please visit https://www.nationalgeographic.org/grants
- Mapendeleo yatatolewa kwa wateule ambao hawajapokea tuzo nyingi za uhifadhi
- Mapendeleo yatatolewa kwa wateuliwa na jitihada zilizohifadhiwa za uhifadhi
- Individuals nominating themselves will not be considered
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: