Mwisho wa Maombi: Desemba 31st 2019
The International Mathematical Union Abel Visiting Scholar Program invite applications from mathematicians professionally based in developing countries to visit an international research collaborator for a period of one month –
In case the length of the visit exceeds one month, the candidate should provide evidence of financial support from the host institution to cover the living expenses beyond the first month.
The program is designed for post doctoral mathematicians in the early stages of their professional careers. It is designed to offer the opportunity for a ‘research sabbatical,’ a necessary complement to teaching and other academic duties for mathematicians desiring to also sustain a viable research program.
1. hold at the time of application a PhD katika Hisabati,
2. be based in nchi inayoendelea wakati wa maombi
3. kushikilia nafasi katika chuo kikuu / taasisi ya utafiti
4. be in the early stages of their professional careers, more precisely: the applicants should
4. 1) bado hawana nafasi kamili ya profesa lakini ana mkataba wa kufanya kazi katika chuo kikuu / chuo kikuu
4. 2) kuwa chini ya umri wa miaka 40 siku ya tarehe ya mwisho ya maombi.
Umri wa kiwango cha juu unaweza kuongezeka hadi miaka mitatu katika kesi ya mtu aliye na muundo mzuri wa kazi. Hii inapaswa kuzingatiwa katika maombi pamoja na sababu ya muundo wa kazi iliyovunjika.
Maombi kutoka kwa wasomi wa hisabati yanasisitizwa sana.
Ruzuku inaweza kufunika for one month and only for the applicant up to 4,400 EUR (5,000 EUR):
- Gharama za kusafiri
- from the place of work of the applicant to that of the host to the extent of economy class airfare. The flight will be booked and directly paid by the IMU Secretariat.
- (Public) transport (surface transport by rail or bus between the nearest city where the airport is located and the headquarters of the candidate or the city/town where the host institution is located, if necessary). Maximum four (4) Taxi fares (on submission of receipts) may be allowed to travel between the home and the airport/railway station (upon arrival and departure).
- In case the applicant has to stay in a hotel before departure or upon arrival, this needs to be mentioned in the budget details. Maximum one (1) night (both arrival and departure) can be paid from the grant.
- Visa ada
- Mashtaka ya bima ya kusafiri
- Basic living cost (daily allowance based on living cost of the visiting country/city, This amount includes the cost for public transport and all other living costs). Kwa orodha tafadhali nenda hapa. If the accommodation includes breakfast or any other meals, the daily amount will be reduced.
- Accommodation cost in the host country (hotel is allowed if the host provides a statement that no guesthouse or rented flat is available and max. 4 weeks. If you stay longer than 4 weeks you have to rent a suitable apartment or guesthouse). Receipts for cash payments for accommodation costs can not be accepted! You have to pay via a trackable transfer method.
All invoices for travel cost, visa, insurance, accommodation and up to four taxi receipts and all boarding tickets have to be kept by the grantee and be sent (original) to the CDC/ IMU Secretariat by regular mail.
Tarehe ya mwisho:
Applications must be received at least four months before the desired starting date. The selection committee will review the applications and award fellowships every four months. The result is annouced on the Somo la Kusafiri kwa Abel kwa ukurasa wa wapokeaji wa 2017.
Tarehe zifuatazo zifuatazo zinatumika:
- August 31, 2018 is for visits during January 1 XCHARX April 30, 2019
- December 31, 2018 for visits between May 1 and August 31, 2019
- April 1, 2019 for research visits between September 1, 2019 XCHARX December 31, 2019
If your application is not complete by the deadline, it cannot be considered for the evaluation round.
Please send your application at least one week in advance for us to review
Utaratibu wa Maombi:
Kila maombi lazima ijumuishe:
- Imekamilishwa Fomu ya Maombi ya Online
- A curriculum vitae of applicant and host, including a list of recent publications (max. 3 pages each)
- Mpango wa utafiti wa ziara
- Mwaliko rasmi kutoka kwa taasisi ya mpenzi wa kimataifa wa utafiti
- Barua moja ya mapendekezo If the letter of recommendation is not written by the international research partner (the host), the application should include a statement from the host approving the research plan.
- Nakala ya cheti cha PhD
- A statement about the current employment status/ position in the home institution signed and stamped by your employer. The statement should include the duration of your employment. Please use the template attached.
- Makadirio ya bajeti. Tafadhali, tumia Fomu ya Bajeti ya Tentative. (kwa habari zaidi ona 'Msaada wa kifedha')
- A picture of you for our website (upload separately to the Online Application Form) (The picture will be published on our website (like this: https://www.mathunion.org/cdc/grants/research-travel-grants/abel-visiting-scholar-program/abel-visiting-scholar-2018) if the applicant is chosen, so PLEASE upload a NICE picture in good quality!)
- In case you are planning to stay for more than one month you must attached a proof of the matching funds for your living costs from the host institution
Please merge all required documents (except the picture of you) into one (1) PDF file and upload it in the Online Application Form.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: