Mwisho wa Maombi: Novemba 30th 2018
At the 5th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD V), held in Yokohama in 2013, the Japanese government stated its policy of strengthening support for the ongoing dynamic growth of Africa with stronger public-private partnerships. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced the “African Business Education Initiative for Youth (hereafter, referred to as the XCHARXABE InitiativeXCHARX), a strategic five-year plan providing 1,000 youths in Africa with opportunities to study for MasterXCHARXs degree at Japanese universities and experience internships at Japanese companies. Prior to the TICAD V, Japanese industries, including the Federation of Economic Organizations (KEIDANREN) and the Japanese government, had made a joint recommendation for TICAD V at XCHARXPublic-Private Council for the Promotion of TICADVXCHARX.
These bodies pointed out that there is a need for human resource development in both private and public sectors of Africa in order to cultivate a strong human network between Japan and Africa. The recommendation also mentioned the significance of increasing the number of African people visiting Japan, as well as increasing awareness among Africans regarding the efficiency of Japanese technologies and systems of companies. The ABE Initiative was launched based on this recommendation.
JICA has been appointed to implement a master’s degree and internship program within the ABE Initiative framework developed for countries whose official requests have been approved by the Government of Japan.
- The objective of the ABE Initiative Master’s Degree and Internship Program is to support young personnel who can be a “Navigator” for contributing to the development of industries in Africa. This program offers opportunities for young African men and women to study at master’s courses at Japanese universities as international students (hereafter, referred to as “participants”) and experience internships at Japanese companies.
- The aim is for them to develop effective skills in order for them to contribute to various fields. Beyond acquisition of skills and knowledge, this program also intends to cultivate excellent personnel who can recognize and understand the contexts of Japanese society and systems of Japanese companies. The expected outcome of the program is a network of potential contributors to the development of African industries who will also lead Japanese businesses to engage further in economic activities in Africa.
- Wananchi wa nchi moja ya Afrika ya 54
- Between 22 and 39 years old (as of April 1st in the year of your arrival in Japan)
- BachelorXCHARXs degree (equivalent to at least 16 years of academic background)
- Applicants for the category of “Government Officials” and “Educators” are required:
XCHARX to have more than 6 months working experience at their current organizations, and
– to obtain permission for application and securing reinstatement from their current organizations.
- Have adequate English skills both in written and oral communication to complete the master’s course.
- Clearly understand the objectives of this program, and to have a strong will to contribute to the industrial development of their home countries as well as to strengthen the linkage between their countries and Japan after returning home.
- Waombaji lazima:
– be in good health condition to complete the program,
– not receive or plan to receive a scholarship offered by other foreign organizations, and
– attend the activities on the weekends in unavoidable circumstances (ex. official exam).
Washiriki wa Target
Washiriki waliohusika ni kutoka kati ya aina tatu za wafanyakazi.
- Watu kutoka Sekta ya Binafsi
Watu wadogo ambao ni au watashiriki katika shughuli za kiuchumi katika sekta binafsi ya ndani na kudumisha uhusiano na nguvu na makampuni ya Kijapani.
- Viongozi wa Serikali
Viongozi wa vijana, kama vile watumishi wa umma, wanaohusika katika utawala na maamuzi ya sera ili kuongeza viwanda ambazo makampuni ya Kijapani yanaweza kuchangia, na ina maoni kutoka kwa kampuni ya Kijapani.
Watu wadogo ambao ni wajibu wa kuelimisha Taasisi za Elimu ya Juu na TVET (Taaluma ya Ufundi na Ufundi na Mafunzo) nchini Afrika, ili kuongeza uwezo wa kujenga katika viwanda vinavyolingana, na ina maoni kutoka kwa kampuni ya Kijapani.
*Since the start of the initiative, the number of woman participants has been limited. Woman participants are encouraged to apply for the program.
Application Documents for FY2019
- Fomu ya Maombi ya 1- (1) (Excel / 113KB)
- 1-(1) Annex 1_Career Plan after Graduation (Word/19.5KB)
- 1-(1) Annex 2_Research Plan (Word/20.3KB)
- 1-(1) Annex 2-attachment_Declaration of Desired University Placement (Excel/44.1KB)
- (For Reference) 2-(1) University Information for the Applicants (PDF/461KB)
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: