Maombi Tarehe ya mwisho: Julai 1, 2019,
The International Relations Committee of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) is pleased to announce travel awards for surgeons aged 30 to 50. These awards, in the amount of $4,000 each, provide international surgeons with the opportunity to attend and participate fully in the educational activities of the ACS annual Clinical Congress. They are proposed to specifically assist surgeons who work in community or regional hospitals or clinics in countries other than the United States and Canada, or who are from poorly resourced academic departments of surgery in poorly resourced countries.
mpya Community Surgeon Travel Award has been donated through the generosity of the Doctors Duremdes family designated for Filipino surgeons. It gives preference to meritorious applications from Iloilo Province, Panay Island, and non-urban Philippine communities.
Each awardee will receive gratis registration to the annual Clinical Congress and to one available postgraduate course held during the Clinical Congress. Assistance will be provided to obtain preferential housing in an economical hotel in the Clinical Congress city. In 2020, the Clinical Congress takes place in Chicago, IL, October 4–8.
- Waombaji wanapaswa kuwa wahitimu wa shule za dawa ambao wamekamilisha mafunzo yao ya upasuaji.
- Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 50, on the date that the complete application is filed.
- Waombaji wanapaswa kuwasilisha maombi yao kutoka kwa eneo lao la kudumu. Maombi yatakubaliwa kwa ajili ya usindikaji tu wakati waombaji wamekuwa wakifanya mazoezi ya upasuaji, kufundisha, au utafiti kwa kiwango cha chini cha mwaka mmoja katika eneo lao la kudumu, baada ya kukamilisha mafunzo yote rasmi (ikiwa ni pamoja na ushirika na usomi).
- Applicants must show evidence of commitment to high quality surgery, to surgical teaching, and to improving access to surgical care in their community.
- Waombaji lazima wafanye fomu ya maombi kamili ya kukamilika iliyotolewa na Chuo kwenye tovuti yake. Vifaa na vifaa vya kuandamana vinapaswa kuwasilishwa kwa Kiingereza. Uwasilishaji wa curriculum vitae tu haukubaliki.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not already experienced training or surgical fellowships in the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicants must submit independently prepared letters of recommendation from three (3) of their colleagues. One letter must be from the chair of the department in which they hold a clinical or academic appointment or from a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons residing in their country. The chair’s or the Fellow’s letter is to directly address the applicant’s commitment to high quality surgery, surgical teaching, and improving access to surgical care locally. Letters of recommendation should be submitted by the persons making the recommendations.
- The Community Surgeon Travel Awards must be used in the year for which they are designated. They cannot be postponed.
- Awardees are expected to provide a written report upon their return home, specifically focusing on the value of the visit to the awardee and the potential beneficial effect to patients in the country of origin.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply only twice and only by completing and submitting a new application together with new supporting documentation.
Msaada wa Fedha
Each awardee will receive gratis registration to the annual Clinical Congress and to one available postgraduate course held during the Clinical Congress. In order to qualify for consideration by the selection committee, all of the requirements must be fulfilled.
Utaratibu wa Maombi:
- All applications for the year 2019 and all of the supporting documentation must be received online no later than Julai 1, 2019, ili mwombaji afanye kuzingatiwa na kamati ya uteuzi.
- Waombaji wote watatambuliwa kwa uamuzi wa kamati ya uteuzi mnamo Novemba 2019.
- Waombaji wanahimizwa kuwasilisha maombi yao ya kukamilika na nyaraka za kusaidia mapema iwezekanavyo ili kutoa wakati wa kutosha wa usindikaji.
Questions about and application materials for this award should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: