In 1994, Apple created the Apple Distinguished Educators (ADE) program to recognize K–12 and higher-education pioneers who are using Apple technology to transform teaching and learning. These are the educators who are looking to change the world. They are active leaders from around the world helping other educators rethink what’s possible with iPad and Mac to make learning deeply personal for every student.
Participating Member Countries
- Applications for the Class of 2019 are available only in participating countries.
- Applicants must work and reside in one of the following countries:
- Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greenland, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam.
Eligibility & Educational Roles
- Applicants must be employed by a public or private school, college, university or non-profit agency/organization.
- To avoid conflicts of interest, school superintendents, college or university presidents and other top level leaders of organizations are ineligible for membership given their official roles for purchasing decisions.
- Review the general ADE Member Agreement to fully understand the benefits of becoming an ADE, what we ask of you, as well as other terms and conditions for membership.
Mahitaji ya maombi
- Applying to be an ADE requires the creation and submission of an original 2-minute video documenting your current work. Videos from previous applications may not be submitted.
- Each applicant must submit an individual application. No team or group applications will be considered. If educators from a single school apply, all applicants must submit individual applications and original application videos.
- Becoming an Apple Teacher is a requirement for ADE applicants, provided the program is available in your country and language of fluency during the application period.
Create your application video.
Innovative educators have amazing stories of how theyXCHARXve transformed learning to make an impact with students and extend their reach by sharing these insights with their peers. We canXCHARXt wait to see how your story comes to life through your 2-minute application video.
Please review the 3 themes below and respond to these in your video:
Transforming your learning environment
Share how you have transformed your learning environment to engage learners. How have the Apple products you have access to uniquely helped you achieve your learning goals?
Evidence of your success
Share data or new learnings that provide evidence of the impact you are making. Are there examples of student work or innovative strategies that you can highlight?
Extending your reach
Share examples of how you have extended the reach of your professional work beyond your own classroom, campus, or community to empower other educators. Are there presentations, published content, or interactions in social media that show your leadership outside of the classroom?
Required Institute Attendance
- All new ADEs are required to attend the ADE Institute event which provides an initial orientation to the program and professional learning opportunities with other ADEs. Institute dates and locations are below. If you cannot attend the Institute in your region, you must reapply for membership in a subsequent year.
- ADEs are responsible for travel to and from the event. Apple may provide lodging, meals and ground transportation to and from the event venue, as well as professional learning content and materials.
ADE Institute Americas 2019
July 14-18, 2019 | Bethesda, Maryland, United States
For attendees from: Brazil, Canada, Mexico, United States
ADE Institute Asia Pacific 2019
July 3-7, 2019 | Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
For attendees from: Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
ADE Institute EMEIA 2019
July 27-31, 2019 | Noordwijkerhout, Netherlands
For attendees from: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Africa Kusini, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom