Application Deadline: March 6, 2019 at 5 p.m. PT.
Want to speak at the 2019 Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19)? The GHC 19 tracks offer a wide-range of fields for every technical woman. Speakers will participate in presentations, panels, or workshops. We are actively looking for and encourage you to submit intermediate and advanced level content.
Please note, you are only able to submit and/or participate in one submission per session type.
- Jopo: A group of individuals convene and discuss a particular topic.
- Uwasilishaji: A chance for you to share your in depth knowledge about a particular topic.
- Warsha: Interactive session with a presenter-lead, structured training followed by in-depth discussions, exercises, or problem solving.
- NEW – Tech Meetup: A short presentation followed by a group discussion about your topic.
- Mentoring Circles: Speakers sit at a table with nine participants maximum and interact with them for six short mentoring session (20 min each) on a particular topic.
- Poster Session: Poster presenters informally present their research project on a poster to get feedback from experts in their field.
Academic | Artificial Intelligence | Kazi | Computer Systems Engineering
takwimu Sayansi | NEW – Emerging Technology | NEW – Hardware
Ushirikiano wa Kompyuta ya Binadamu | Interactive Media | IoT/Wearable Tech |
Mentoring Circles | Open Source | Organizational Transformation | Poster Session
Products A to Z | Security/Privacy | Software Engineering | NEW – Tech Meetups
Tech for Women | NEW – Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed Reality
A panel session is 60 minutes long and held in a theater style room. We highly encourage diverse, cross-organizational, or interdisciplinary panels.
Panel Submission Requirements
Presentations are 30-minutes long, including Q&A, and are held in a theater style room. New for 2019: Presentations will now allow for one to two presenters and we have increased the session time by 10 minutes.
Presentation Submission Requirements
During a 60-minute session held in a banquet style room, attendees have the opportunity to develop or learn new skills.
Workshop Submission Requirements
NEW – Tech Meetups
In this 45-minute session, attendees will have an opportunity to hear a short, 10-15 minute presentation and participate in a group discussion immediately following.
Tech Meetups Submission Requirements
This interactive mentoring session lets attendees seek personalized advice regarding their career or academic endeavors, in small groups. The target audience is students and early career attendees. We host this event in a large room with about 50 tables, each hosted by a mentor focusing on a particular topic. Participants choose a topic, sit at the corresponding table, and chat with a mentor for 20 minutes. Every 20 minutes, attendees switch tables and chat with another mentor on a different topic.
If you wish to be a mentor, submit a proposal where you describe the topic that you want to discuss with the mentees. Your topic must be related to at least one of the following: career opportunities, job search, tools for success at work, or academic paths.
Mentoring Circles Submission Requirements
Grace Hopper Celebration hosts five mind-expanding technical poster sessions. It’s the perfect opportunity to informally present your research to GHC attendees and experts in your field. Designed to help you solicit constructive feedback, the poster session lends itself to those who are still exploring an idea and have not fully developed their results into a completed paper. If you are a student, you can also choose to submit your poster to the ACM Student Research Competition.
ACM Student Research Competition
Undergraduate or graduate students submitting posters for GHC can opt to have their posters also considered for the ACM Student Research Competition (sponsored by Microsoft Research). This competition offers a unique forum for undergraduate and graduate students to present their original research before a panel of judges. At GHC, there will be two rounds of competition. Selected contestants may receive partial support from ACM to cover part of the costs of attending GHC. Finalists will receive an award and a cash prize. Two of the finalists will move to ACM’s Grand Finals, hosted at a later date.
Poster Session Submission Requirements
ACM SRC Submission Requirements
1) Apply to kusema
Januari 16 - Machi 6
- Learn all you can about Grace Hopper Celebration.
- Select a Track.
- Pick Session Format. Be sure to review the submission requirements of your selected Session Format.
- Complete your application by March 6, 5 p.m. PT.
2) Review period
March 7 – May 15
- Our reviewers start looking over applications on March 7. They will review all submissions on a fair and evenhanded basis across an established set of sub-disciplines. You can learn more about the review process hapa.
- We will send all decisions via email on May 15. You will also be able to view the status of your submission by logging in to your Submission Account.