Application Deadline: 26 February 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
BBC inatafuta nyota inayoongezeka ya uandishi wa habari wa Afrika kwa Tuzo la BBC World Komla Dumor Tuzo, now in its fifth year.
Journalists from across the continent are invited to apply for the award, which aims to uncover and promote fresh talent from Africa.
Mshindi atatumia miezi mitatu kwenye makao makuu ya BBC huko London, kupata ujuzi na uzoefu.
The award was established to honour Komla Dumor, an exceptional Ghanaian broadcaster and presenter for BBC World News, who died suddenly aged 41 in 2014.
It will be made to an outstanding individual living and working in Africa, who combines strong journalism skills, on-air flair, and an exceptional talent in telling African stories with the ambition and potential to become a star of the future.
As well as spending time with the BBC in London, the winner will also get to travel to Africa to report a story – and have that story shared across the continent and the world.
Ujibu wa Wajibu
The winner of the BBC World News Komla Dumor award will receive a once-in-a-lifetime training and development opportunity with the BBC in London, starting in early September 2019 and running for three months. Working with teams from across BBC News, the winner will produce an African story for the BBC and have their story and their voice shared across the continent and the world. They will be supported by a high-level BBC mentor and attend courses run by the BBC’s world-class training department, the BBC Academy.
The BBC will pay for the winner’s flights to and from the UK and for their visa. We will also arrange and pay for the winner’s accommodation in London during their placement.
The winner will receive £2,000 per month for the three month placement to cover their living expenses and a one-off payment of £5,000 as a contribution towards loss of salary in their home country. Some of the above may be subject to taxation (and deductions will be made as appropriate).
Kuomba tuzo hii ya kifahari, lazima uwe sasa na ufanyie kazi kama mwandishi wa habari huko Afrika.
Lazima uwe na ujuzi na ujuzi wafuatayo:
- Ujuzi bora wa uandishi wa habari, ikiwa ni pamoja na vyombo vya habari vya digital na kijamii.
- Uzoefu wa utangazaji ni bora.
- Sauti ya utangazaji bora na stadi za kuwasilisha nguvu na uwezo wa kufanya kwenye kipaza sauti na flair.
- The ability to identify and pitch a strong original African story idea, aligned to the BBC editorial guidelines http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/
- Wide and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the African continent, including politics, business, culture, history and sport.
- Uwezo wa Kiingereza kwa lugha ya kwanza au sawa.
Mahitaji ya ziada kwa waombaji wote
- Lazima utoe CV (upeo wa kurasa mbili) / ukamilisha maelezo mafupi ya kazi.
- Lazima ushikilie au uweze kupata kwa 1st Machi 2019 pasipoti ambayo halali hadi angalau 31st Januari 2020.
- Haipaswi kuwa mwanachama wa sasa au wa zamani wa wafanyakazi wa BBC.
- If successful, your employer must be willing to release you for three months from September 2019 for you to travel on your own to take up your placement in London.
- The visa requires that you hold a degree or are studying towards a degree equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- References, proof of employment, birth certificate, passport, an appropriate UK visa and proof of level of English will be required from shortlisted candidates.
Sheria na Masharti
- 2015: Nancy Kacungira from Uganda
- 2016: Didi Akinyelure from Nigeria
- 2017: Amina Yuguda from Nigeria
- 2018: Waihiga Mwaura from Kenya
Tumia Sasa kwa
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: