Maombi Tarehe ya mwisho: Novemba 1, 2018
Tuzo ya shahada ya Berkeley ya Uwezo wa Ubora wa Kubuni was established in the Department of Architecture at the Chuo Kikuu cha California, Berkeley College of Environmental Design to promote the investigation of architecture as a social art. Each year the PRIZE Committee selects a topic important to the understanding of the interaction of people and the built world that becomes the focus of the Essay Competition.
The Committee poses a Question on this website related to the topic. Students enrolled in any accredited undergraduate architecture program or diploma in architecture program throughout the world are invited to submit a 500-word essay proposal in English responding to the Question (tazama mahitaji ya ustahiki). Undergraduate architecture students may team up with undergraduates from allied arts and social sciences programs.
Swali la Maswali
ARCHITECTURE AND CLIMATE RESILIENCE
What have architects done in the past and what can they do in the future to help reduce the negative effects of climate and climate change?
Hatua 1: Ingiza
Hatua za Kuingiza
- Pata mahitaji ya kustahili.
- Andika pendekezo la neno la 500 kwa swala la swali la mwaka huu, kama ilivyowekwa.
- Provide one photograph each of your chosen projects.
- Kuwasilisha insha na picha online.
- Ushindani umewa wazi kwa wanafunzi wote wa sasa wa wakati wote wa usajili katika mpango wa shahada ya usanifu wa shahada ya shahada au wahitimu wa shahada kubwa katika usanifu katika shule zilizokubaliwa za usanifu duniani kote. Diploma katika wanafunzi wa Usanifu ambao bado hawajahitimisha Diploma yao pia wanastahili.
- Majaribio lazima yamewasilishwa kwa Kiingereza.
- Wafanyabiashara watahitajika kutoa ushahidi wa usajili wa sasa kwa namna ya nakala ya maandishi halisi ya shule. Bado unastahili kushindana ikiwa ulikuwa mwanafunzi wa shahada ya kwanza Septemba 15, 2018, lakini anahitimu kabla ya tuzo zitatolewa.
Timu ya Juu
Wanafunzi wawili (kiwango cha juu) ambao wanakidhi mahitaji ya kustahiki hapo juu wanaweza kushirikiana kama waandishi. Mwanafunzi wa usanifu anaweza kushirikiana na shahada ya kwanza ya usanifu, usanifu wa mazingira, masomo ya miji, sanaa na wanadamu, sayansi ya kijamii, au uhandisi. Ikiwa wanafunzi wawili wanashirikiana, basi majina mawili yanapaswa kuonekana kwenye somo lao na kama alipatiwa tuzo, tuzo hiyo inapaswa kuwa sawa.
Mahitaji ya Picha
You are asked to include digital photographs of your two selected buildings with your essay. The photographs should be at a minimum 500 pixels wide, and in .jpg format. No more than two photographs will be accepted. You can use a digital camera, a film camera (and scan the printed image), or capture the image on a cell phone. The photographs should be as informative as possible in order to enable those reading the essays to determine how well you have described your subject matter.
Mfuko wa fedha
- There is a total prize of 25,000USD, minimum 7,500USD first prize.
- The remaining purse is to be allocated at the discretion of the Jury.
The The Berkeley Undergraduate Prize for Design Excellence endowment 2019 Travel Fellowship Competition
Semifinalists who select to compete for a Travel Fellowship are invited to submit proposals demonstrating how they would use the opportunity to travel to an architecturally-significant destination, preferably to participate in a hands-on, service-oriented situation. This is an exciting opportunity to explore a different part of the world and to participate in an organized project that will assist the winner in gaining a deeper understanding of the social art of architecture.
Kusafiri Ushirika candidates are asked to submit a proposal for a specific plan of travel and study away from their academic institution during their Summer break for 2019. The Kusafiri Ushirika hutoa stipend fasta kutosha kulipa ndege ya pande zote-safari kutoka mji ambao wewe ni kusoma kwa marudio na nyuma na kulipa kwa ajili ya makao, chakula, na matukio wakati wa kukaa yako, kawaida kwa kutosha kwa wiki tatu.
The requirements for the Travel Fellowship Proposals are open-ended. The BERKELEY PRIZE Committee looks for both an understanding of the opportunity that is offered and an understanding of the possible ways in which the student’s research into the current year’s PRIZE topic might be furthered by the travel opportunity.
The winning student(s) will be asked to write a Report on their travels that will be posted on the BERKELEY PRIZE website. Students are also asked to keep a photo diary of their time spent traveling, portions of which will also be posted on the website.
Here are the ground rules:
1) Your Proposal must be for participation in a program, conference, or specific project organized by an academic, institutional, or governmental or non-governmental social organization outside of your school.
2) The purpose of your project is to further your understanding of the social art of architecture by allowing you to study first-hand some aspect of this year’s topic you have identified in this year’s BERKELEY PRIZE Essay submittal.
3) U.S. CITIZENS NOTE: Proposals may not be made to visit or study in countries with adverse travel advisories as issued by the United States Department of State. For all students, the BERKELEY PRIZE will not fund travel to countries currently in armed conflict.
4) You must be able to procure a visa for the selected destination. This will need to be confirmed prior to submittal of funds.
5) Travel must occur in the summer of 2019 during your academic institution’s summer break (Northern Hemisphere schools), or in the winter of 2019 (Southern Hemisphere schools).
1) A 1250-word Proposal to include:
(a) A description of the program and a persuasive argument why this program will benefit your education;
(b) An itinerary for the entire period of travel; and
(c) A budget covering all anticipated expenses, including any program fees.
2) Reference to published material regarding the program, preferably a web site address that includes the name of a contact person.
3) A letter of recommendation from a Faculty member in your academic institution who is familiar with your Proposal and who will confirm that your Proposal is suited to your abilities.
4) Prior to receiving any funding, you will be asked to submit a travel Indemnification form provided by the BERKELEY PRIZE and a letter confirming that you are in adequate health to undertake the travel you propose. (NOTE: The BERKELEY PRIZE will pay for a one-time, health insurance policy for the length of your travel.)
1) The BERKELEY PRIZE will provide a fixed stipend of USD3700 for each Kusafiri Ushirika that is awarded. Winning students whose budgets exceed the prize limit will be asked to prove that they have the additional funds needed to fully complete their proposed itinerary.
2) The award is provisional, based upon your ability to provide the BERKELEY PRIZE Committee with the required details and documents related to your Proposal for your travel and study program.
|Septemba 15, 2018||Uzinduzi wa Mashindano ya Essay ya 2019.|
|Novemba 1, 2018||(Hatua ya Kwanza) Pendekezo la insha la neno la 500.|
|Katikati ya Desemba, 2018||Wajumbe wa Semaya walitangaza.|
|Februari 1, 2019||(Hatua ya Pili) Wasimamizi wa Wasimamizi 'Neno la 2,500 neno linalofaa.|
|Februari 8, 2019||Uzinduzi wa Ushindani wa Kusafiri kwa Wafanyabiashara.|
|Mapema-Machi, 2019||Essay Finalists alitangaza.|
|Machi 12, 2019||Kutembea kwa Fellowship Entries Kutokana.|
|Katikati ya Aprili, 2019||Washiriki wa Essay na Washindi wa Ushirika Washirika walitangaza.|
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: