Application Deadline: September 21st 2014
Job number 5220BR
Job title Technical Trainee
Appointment type Fixed term
The programme is a 12-month technical skills learning opportunity targeted at passionate, young, and talented individuals with the required potentials to deliver on business goals and also designed to build the required technical capabilities and competencies relevant to the Manufacturing Industry driven by a Performance learning approach.
Continuous assessment and appraisal of trainees will take place during the period of training and on successful completion of the training programme, a certificate of participation will be awarded.
BAT is not obliged to provide employment to all trainees on successful completion of the programme; however trainees will be kept in a pool for future employment when the opportunity presents itself.
- All enrolled trainees will receive a monthly trainee’s allowance to cover incidental expenses throughout the duration of the programme.
- Students will also benefit from the company’s canteen services as well as medical services at the company’s clinic.
- National Technical Certificate (NTC) or Advanced National Technical Certificate ( ANTC ) issued by the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB)
- Technicians Certificate (or its equivalent) issued by City & Guilds of London with qualifications in Engineering & Transport, Processes & Manufacturing.
Related fields of study:
- Vocational studies in Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical & Electronic, Production and Maintenance, Metals & fabricated metal products.
- Vocational studies in electrical and electronics installation and in Maintenance Practice