Mwisho wa Maombi: Novemba 16th 2018
One of the primary objectives of the University of Oxford’s Africa Society is to increase the number of African students at the University of Oxford. The Africa Society is a student-run organization, offering support to African students at Oxford and seeking to foster the development of a stimulating, comfortable and familiar space for Africans at Oxford. In part, the Society aims to achieve this by broadening the opportunities of access for talented African students. To this end, a select number of prospective applicants from Africa will be assisted by a mentor during their application process.
Applicants will be matched with a fellow African student who has studied or is currently studying at Oxford in the same academic area. The mentorship is tailored for the Oxford application process, but what you learn will also be relevant for applications at other top UK universities.
1. A mentor of similar regional background and/or in similar field of study
2. Review application documents
3. Support with questions about the academic programmes in Oxford
4. Advice on securing for funding
5. First-hand insight into what to expect from living and studying in Oxford
What the programme does not offer:
1. Filling application forms
2. Writing essays
3. Payment of application fees
5. Guarantee of an offer of a place
6. Binding feedback on your application
Uundo wa Programu:
- The programme will be split into four sessions, each covering specific aspects of the application process. Sessions will take the form of video/phone calls, whenever possible. Mentees are expected to submit relevant documentation seven days prior to the session to allow the mentor to review the application material. Mentors may choose to email written feedback on the day of each session.
If you would be interested in applying to be a part of this mentorship programme, please fill out this form by Friday November 16.
- An initial cohort of 10 mentees will be selected from amongst the applicants. Applicants will be notified of the Africa Society’s selection decision by Monday 19th of November.
Note that neither the Africa Society nor any of its mentors can take any responsibility for the success or otherwise of a mentee’s application
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: