Application Deadline: midday 12.00 PM (BST) on 22 Machi 2019
Jumuiya ya Madola ya Kujifunza Mafunzo ya Scholarships are offered to citizens from low middle income Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
To contribute to development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas.
High-quality postgraduate students who wish to access training not available in their home countries, who wish or need to remain in their home country while they study, and who have the potential to enhance the development of their home countries with the knowledge and leadership skills they acquire.
Ili kustahili Scholarship ya Mafunzo ya Kitaa ya Jumuiya ya Madola, wagombea wanapaswa:
- Kuwa raia wa au amepewa hali ya wakimbizi kwa nchi inayofaa ya Umoja wa Mataifa, au kuwa Mtu wa Uingereza aliyehifadhiwa
- Be permanently resident in a low middle income Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
Nchi na haki
Papua New Guinea
Visiwa vya Solomon
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships provide full tuition fees and all other compulsory costs of studying a UK Master’s programme by distance learning. This includes the full cost of any residential components of a course.
Utaratibu wa Uchaguzi
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC by 29th April 2019. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme. Universities will inform candidates of their results by July 2019.
Vigezo vya uteuzi ni pamoja na:
- Ustahili wa kitaaluma wa mgombea
- Athari za kazi za maendeleo ya nchi ya mgombea
Jinsi ya kutumia
You should apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. Click here for a list of participating universities and eligible courses.
You must also secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying. You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
You can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university, but you may only accept one offer of a Distance Learning Scholarship.
All applications must be submitted by midday 12.00 PM (BST) on 22 March 2019 at the latest.
Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 12:00 PBST) on 5 April 2019 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- Copy of your valid passport or national ID card showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship – uploaded to the online application system
- At least one reference – submitted directly by the referee to the online application system. Referees will be sent an email request however applicants are responsible for seeking permission from their referees in advance of submitting their application; for ensuring that their referees are available to complete the reference by the deadline; and that the referees have received the reference request email.
- An offer letter to start your chosen course of study in the 2019-2020 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: