Mwisho wa Maombi: Jumatatu, Desemba 10, 2018.
The Draper Hills Summer Fellows alumni network includes 350 alumni from 82 developing democracies worldwide. Their professional backgrounds are as diverse as the problems they confront in their home countries, but the one common feature is their commitment to building sound structures of democracy and development. The regions of Eurasia, which includes the former Soviet Union and Central Asia, along with Africa, constitute almost half of our alumni network. Women represent 46 percent of the network and the program is always looking to identify strong female leaders working to advance change in their local communities.
Kwa wiki tatu wakati wa majira ya joto, wenzake wanashiriki kwenye semina za kitaaluma ambazo zinawasilisha kwa nadharia na mazoezi ya demokrasia, maendeleo, na utawala wa sheria. Kutolewa na kiti cha Stanford cha kuongoza kutoka Shule ya Sheria ya Stanford, Shule ya Chuo Kikuu cha Biashara, na idara za uchumi na sayansi ya kisiasa, semina hizo zinaruhusu viongozi wanaojitokeza kuchunguza mifano mpya ya taasisi na mifumo ya kuboresha uwezo wao wa kukuza mabadiliko ya kidemokrasia katika nchi zao za nyumbani .
Guest speakers from private foundations, think tanks, government, and the justice system provide a practitioners viewpoint on such pressing issues in the field. Summer Fellows also visit Silicon Valley technology firms such as Benetech, Google and Twitter to explore how technology tools and social media platforms are being used to catalyze democratic practices on a global scale.
The program is funded by the generous support from Bill and Phyllis Draper and Ingrid von Mangoldt Hills.
- This program is aimed at mid-career practitioners working actively in the fields of democracy, development, and the rule of law.
- Waombaji wanaweza kufanya kazi kama watunga sera, wasomi, wataalamu wa kisheria, wajasiriamali wa kijamii, wajasiriamali wa biashara, na viongozi wa mashirika ya kiraia (kama vile wawakilishi wa vyama vya wafanyakazi, mashirika yasiyo ya kiserikali, vyombo vya habari, biashara na kitaaluma).
- Kwa uwezo wao wa sasa, waombaji wanapaswa kucheza important and influential roles in their country’s political, economic, and social development. Washiriki wanapaswa kuwa na mafanikio ya kitaalamu na ya kibinafsi katika sekta husika ya demokrasia, maendeleo, na utawala wa sheria.
- Each year we strive to recruit a diverse group of 25 to 30 individuals who are at the right stage in their professional trajectory to benefit from rigorous academic training to enhance their potential to promote democratic change in their home countries.
- Successful applicants will have academic credentials necessary to participate and contribute to the six-hour seminars each day and tackle advanced academic readings to complement the classroom-based curriculum. Ninety-nine percent of our alumni hold a bachelor’s degree at the time of their participation in the program but this is not a requirement for admission to the program.
- A working knowledge of English is an important prerequisite for participation in the program. It is expected that each fellow has a solid command of written and spoken English to fully benefit and participate in the program.
Vigezo vya Uchaguzi:
Due to the large volume of applications we receive each year to the fellowship program, we take our selection criteria very seriously. Please review the criteria below very carefully before submitting your application to the program. If you do not meet these criteria your application will not be reviewed.
- This is not an academic fellowship but meant for practitioners only. We value practical experience over academic credentials, and we admit scholars only to the extent that they are active in government, public policy, civil society, economic development and rule of law. They should hold leadership roles in their respective sector.
- Applicants must be mid-career practitioners and have at least ten to 12 years of experience to qualify for the fellowship. Those with more experience are much more competitive in the selection process.
- Wagombea lazima wawe from and currently reside in a country where democracy is not well entrenched. Candidates residing outside their home country due to war or conflict may be granted exceptions. Applicants will haipatikani from countries such as: the U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan, and member states of the European Union.
- Candidates must be at least Miaka 28 ya umri at the start of the fellowship in July 2018. The average age of our fellows at the time of the program is 38.
- Wagombea lazima wafanye kazi kikamilifu katika uwanja wa demokrasia, maendeleo, na utawala wa sheria. We do not accept candidates who are in the midst of full-time university degree programs.
- Candidates must have a solid command of Kiingereza na iliyoandikwa. All program materials and sessions are in English. Participants will also be required to give 7-minute TED-style talks throughout the three-week program regarding their work and motivation. English language proficiency is very important in order to benefit and contribute to the program dialogue.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: