Mwisho wa Maombi: Novemba 30th 2018
Goethe-Institut inakaribisha aspiring African writers of all ages interested in writing for Young Adults (YA) to submit short stories of 3000-5000 words in length in Kiswahili, English or French.
A panel of curators will then select the best texts and invite the writers to participate in workshops across the continent that will take place in February 2019.
The top stories from these workshop will be published in an anthology that will be available in Kiswahili, English and French and launched at Ake Festival 2019.
Jinsi ya Kuomba:
Send your short story to: email@example.com with a short biography and your preferred city for the workshop (please see below for options).
- Muda wa Uwasilishaji: Novemba 30th 2018
- Announcement: January 3rd 2019
- Workshops: 11 -15 Febraury 2019 (It is therefor important that submissions come from writers who will be in Africa and can travel to their chosen city during the week of the workshop)
Workshops will take place in the following languages in the following cities:
- Kiswahili : Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- French: Lome, Togo
- Dakar, Senegal
- English: Accra, Ghana
- Kigali, Rwanda
- Lagos, Nigeria
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Johannesburg, Afrika Kusini
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: