Application Deadline:Monday, 4th February 2019 at 11:59:59 PM GMT.
Google PhD Fellowships directly support graduate students as they pursue their PhD, as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentor.
Nurturing and maintaining strong relations with the academic community is a top priority at Google. The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional work in computer science and related research areas. We currently offer Fellowships in Australia, China and East Asia, Europe, Africa, India, the United States and Canada.
Google PhD Fellowship students are a select group recognized by Google researchers and their institutions as some of the most promising young academics in the world. The Fellowships are awarded to students who represent the future of research in the following fields:
- Algorithms, Optimizations and Markets
- Computational Neuroscience
- Binadamu-Kompyuta Maingiliano
- Kujifunza Machine
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Simu Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Faragha na Usalama
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Kompyuta ya Quantum
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Mfumo na Mitandao
- Up to 3 year Fellowship
- US $30K to cover stipend and other research related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel
- Google Research Mentor
Applications are open to students in Computer Science and related areas from any Indian or African university.
Kwa Wanafunzi wa PhD wa sasa
- Waombaji wanapaswa kujiandikisha katika programu ya PhD ya wakati wote katika chuo kikuu cha Afrika. Waombaji ambao sasa katika mwaka wao wa kwanza wa programu ya PhD ya wakati mmoja na kuhamisha nafasi za wakati wote wanakubaliwa kuomba.
- Students should be early PhD students, i.e, should not have been into more than 1 year of their PhD. Applicants for the 2019 Fellowship must have started their program on or after 1-Jan-2018
- Wanafunzi wanapaswa kubaki kujiunga na mpango wa PhD kwa muda wa Ushirikiano au kupoteza tuzo.
- Waombaji wanapaswa kutafuta PhD katika Sayansi ya Kompyuta au maeneo yanayohusiana.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible
- Wanafunzi ambao tayari wanapokea ushirika mwingine wa ushirika hawastahiki.
Kwa wanafunzi wa Chuo Kikuu cha Masomo na Wanafunzi wa sasa
- Ruzuku ya ushirika kwa jamii hii ya waombaji ni juu yao kujiunga na programu ya muda mrefu PhD katika chuo kikuu katika Afrika ndani ya mwaka wa kalenda ya tuzo.
- Student applicants must be full-time Undergraduate or Masters students enrolled at an African university. Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Africa.
- The Google Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for the full-time PhD program at an African university, in Computer Science or related areas, within the calendar year 2019, or the award shall be forfeited.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not mean admission to the PhD program of a university. The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for PhD.
- Ruzuku ya Google Fellowship itategemea sheria na miongozo inayotumika katika taasisi / chuo kikuu ambapo gazeti la awardee linajili ya programu ya PhD.
- Wafanyakazi wa Google na wanachama wa watumishi wa Google hawastahiki.
- The Google Africa PhD Fellowship program application window for 2019 is now open until Monday, 4th February 2019 at 11:59:59 PM GMT.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: