Mwisho wa Maombi: Juni 28, 2019
The Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Kituo cha Uandishi wa Biashara, an initiative of the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at the City University of New York, began offering Fellowships to accomplished business journalists in the summer of 2014. More than two dozen veteran journalists have since been awarded grants of up to $15,000.
The aim of the McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism is to support in-depth, ambitious coverage of critical issues related to the global economy and business. In an age when many news organizations no longer have the resources to tackle complex, time-consuming stories, the Fellowships enable experienced journalists to do the deep reporting needed to produce a serious piece of investigative or enterprise journalism.
The McGraw Fellowship provides editorial and financial support to journalists who need the time and resources to produce a significant story or series that provides fresh insight into an important business or economic topic. We accept applications for in-depth text, video or audio pieces, and we encourage proposals that take advantage of more than one storytelling form to create a multimedia package.
Typically, we’ll award grants up to $5,000 a month for one to three months; in exceptional cases, we’ll consider longer grants based upon specific proposals. We’ll look for applicants with a proven ability to report and execute a complex project in their proposed medium; ideally, candidates will also have a strong background or reporting expertise on the subject of their piece.
- The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism is open to anyone with at least five years professional experience in journalism.
- Waandishi wa habari huru, pamoja na waandishi wa habari na wahariri wanaofanya kazi katika shirika la habari, wanaweza kuomba.
Jinsi ya kutumia
- Waombaji wanapaswa kuwasilisha pendekezo la hadithi lenye lengo la kisasa zaidi ya kurasa tatu kwa njia ya kuambatana online fomu. Fikiria kama lami, kama vile ungependa kuwasilisha mhariri kwenye jarida la gazeti, jarida la digital, au kituo cha redio: tupe taarifa za kutosha za awali na nyaraka ili kuonyesha kwamba hadithi imara.
- Pendekezo linapaswa kuonyesha nini kipya na muhimu juu ya hadithi, kwa nini ni muhimu na nini athari yake inaweza kuwa.
- The proposal should also note where significant stories on the subject have run elsewhere and how the proposed piece would differ.
- Applicants should also briefly outline a proposed reporting plan and a timeline for completing the story, and let us know if a media outlet is lined up to run the story.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: