Mwisho wa Maombi: Januari 11th 2019
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is currently accepting applications for its summer 2019 Science Communication Fellowship. The fellowship starts on 27 May and ends on 30 August. The fellowship covers the cost of travel to and from Vienna and the awardee’s home country at the beginning and end of the fellowship, as well as a modest stipend to offset living expenses during the period of the fellowship.
The science communication fellow will gain experience in communicating complex systems science for a general audience through a variety of platforms including blogs, website content, video, and articles for our magazine, Chaguzi. The successful candidate will work in the IIASA Communications Department, assisting with a variety of tasks including editorial work, web publishing, media relations, event coverage, multimedia, social media, and other communication activities. The fellow will also work closely with participants in the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP), producing several pieces of work covering research from the program.
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in science or journalism, and/or current student or graduate of a science journalism program.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, but IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a National Member Organization. We encourage applications from developing countries.
- Experience in writing about science for the general public via blogs, newspapers, university web sites, or other outlets.
- Written and oral fluency in English and proven ability to understand complex scientific research.
- Experience with or interest in social media, video, photography, or other multimedia is a plus.
To apply, please email the following documents to Ms. Alia Harrison, Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources Department, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis at email@example.com
- CV / Resume
- Jalada Barua
- One writing sample of no more than 800 words (longer texts will not be considered) about a scientific topic and aimed at a general audience (e.g., article for a newspaper or magazine, blog post, or op-ed)
- Barua ya mapendekezo
The application deadline is 11 January 2019. Incomplete applications or applications received with written samples exceeding 800 words will not be considered.
The stipend is 4,000 EUR for the three months. IIASA does not provide housing or additional funding for housing.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: