Application Deadline : October 31st 2018
Programu ya Japani ya Japan ya Scholarship (JADS) – capacity building in energy sector through skills development for sustainable development– is a joint initiative by the AfDB and Japan that aims at providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. a two-year Master’s degree program) in priority development areas on the continent and abroad (including in Japan). This JADS program is funded by the Government of Japan. The overarching goal that the AfDB and the Government of Japan seeks to attain is to enhance skills and human resources development in Africa in a number of priority areas pertaining to science and technology with a special focus on the energy sector.
JADS’s objectives are aligned with the Bank’s High 5 agenda (i.e. Light up and power Africa, Feed Africa, Industrialize Africa, Integrate Africa and Improve the quality of life for the people of Africa) and key Japanese development assistance initiatives to Africa and the 6th Mkutano wa Kimataifa wa Tokyo wa Maendeleo ya Afrika (matokeo ya TICAD VI).
The JADS Program is open to applicants from AfDB member countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy development and related discipline. The program does not provide scholarships to any other graduate degree program.
The scholarship program provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
Upon completion of their studies, the beneficiary scholars are expected to return to their home countries to apply and disseminate their newly acquired knowledge and skills, and contribute to the promotion of sustainable development of their countries.
Mahitaji ya Kustahili:
The program is open to those who have gained admission to an approved Masters degree course at a Japanese partner university. Candidates should be 35 years old or younger; in good health; with a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the energy area or related area; and have a superior academic record. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development.
Details on Eligibility Criteria are provided in that call’s Application Guidelines, and these detailed eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
Kwa kifupi, wananchi wa nchi za Afrika lazima:
- Kuwa taifa la nchi ya wanachama wa AfDB;
- Kuwa na afya njema;
- Shirika la shahada (au sawa) katika eneo la nishati (au shamba husika) lilipata angalau miaka 1 kabla ya tarehe ya mwisho ya maombi;
- Kuwa na miaka 1 au zaidi ya uzoefu wa hivi karibuni wa maendeleo baada ya kupata shahada ya shahada (au sawa);
- Kukubaliwa bila usawa kuandikisha katika mwaka ujao wa elimu katika angalau moja ya vyuo vikuu vya mpenzi wa JADS kwa shahada ya Mwalimu;
- Waombaji wanaoishi au kufanya kazi katika nchi nyingine isipokuwa nchi yake ya nyumbani hawastahili kupata elimu.
- JADS haiwaunga mkono waombaji ambao tayari wamejiandikisha katika mipango ya shahada ya kuhitimu.
- Sio Mkurugenzi Mtendaji, mbadala yake, na / au wafanyakazi wa aina zote za uteuzi wa Kikundi cha Benki ya Maendeleo ya Afrika au jamaa wa karibu wa hapo juu na damu au kupitishwa kwa neno "jamaa ya karibu" inayoelezwa kama: Mama, Baba , Dada, Dada-dada, Ndugu, Ndugu-ndugu, Mwana, Binti, Shangazi, Mjomba, Mke, au Ndugu.
Faida za Scholarship:
SADS Scholarship hutoa mpokeaji kwa faida zifuatazo:
- Uchumi wa darasa la usafiri wa hewa kati ya nchi yako na chuo kikuu cha mwenyeji wakati wa kuanza kwa programu ya kujifunza na mara baada ya mwisho wa kipindi cha usomi.
- Kufundisha mpango wa kuhitimu na gharama ya bima ya msingi ya matibabu kawaida inayopatikana kupitia chuo kikuu.
- Mshahara wa kila mwezi wa kudumu ili kufidia gharama za maisha, ikiwa ni pamoja na vitabu.
Scholarship ya JADS haifunika:
- VISA maombi (s) gharama
- Gharama za kuleta na / au kuunga mkono wajumbe wa familia;
- Kozi za ziada za elimu au mafunzo;
- Mafunzo ya lugha hayatolewa na programu ya kuhitimu;
- Safari ya ziada wakati wa mpango wa kujifunza;
- Matumizi yanayohusiana na vifaa vya ziada vya elimu, safari ya shamba, kushiriki katika warsha / semina, au mafunzo; au
- Vifaa vya elimu kama vile kompyuta.
Mchakato wa Uchaguzi:
The JADS Secretariat uses the following criteria to select the finalists:
- Maintaining a reasonably wide geographical distribution of awards, that takes into account the geographic distribution of eligible applications;
- Maintaining a reasonable distribution of awards across gender that takes into account the distribution of eligible applications across gender;
- Giving scholarships to those applicants who, other things being equal, appear to have limited financial resources
- Unusual circumstances / hardships, when assessing the employment experience and other aspects of an application.
Utaratibu wa Maombi:
1. Applicant completes JADS fomu ya maombi
2. Applicant sends documents (application form, university transcripts and certificate, CV, professional references and research proposal), to the JADS Secretariat for first screening
3. JADS Secretariat sends shortlist of candidates to selected Japanese universities
4. Universities does second screening and share selected students with JADS Secretariat
5. JADS Secretariat recommends awardees based on its selection criteria to the Japanese Executive Director for approval.
6. AfDB contacts selected awardees, and informs partner universities.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: