- Position title: Administrative & Finance Officer (EGFO)
- Grade: LP6
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/14/046
- Publication date: 01/09/2014
- Closing date: 21/09/2014
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Administrative & Finance Officer. Posting will be in the Egypt Field Office of the African Development Bank Group based in Cairo. This is a local position which does not attract international terms and conditions
Duties and responsibilities
Under the administrative authority of the Resident Representative, the Administrative & Finance Officer will ensure the effective management of Bank resources. Other specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Budget preparation and implementation: Draw up administrative budget of the Field Office following the schedule set by the Budget Department
- Financial management and reporting: Establish procedures and controls to improve efficiency of service and identify cost savings and promote efficient use of Bank resources
- Human Resources Management: Submit reports on personnel management; Manage office staff benefits in accordance with the Human Resources policy.
- General Administration & Procurement: Oversee institutional procurement of goods and services and management of property and equipment; Supervise procurement of goods and services in keeping with the Bank’s rules and procedures; Prepare and monitor service providers’ contracts; Ascertain sound stock keeping for office supplies and inventory of Bank property and equipment.
- Undertake any other official duties that may be assigned by the Resident Representative.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Accountancy, Finance or Administration. Membership to an internationally recognized professional accounting body (CA, CPA, ACCA or Expert Comptable) would be an advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience including 3 years of experience in an accounting firm or in an international/multinational financial organization, plus 2 years in a public or private sector organization.
- Capacity to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in English or French.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP S/R would be an advantage.