Mwisho wa Maombi: Aprili 11th 2019
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to women and men from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic.
Kwa ufupi, Wajumbe wa Nchi wanaoendelea wanapaswa:
- Kuwa taifa la Nchi ya nchi ya nchi zinazoendelea;
- Sio uraia mbili wa nchi yoyote iliyoendelea;
- Kuwa na afya njema;
- Kushikilia shahada ya Bachelor (au sawa) ilipata angalau miaka 3 kabla ya tarehe ya mwisho ya Maombi;
- Je, una miaka ya 3 au zaidi ya uzoefu wa hivi karibuni wa kazi ya maendeleo baada ya kupata shahada ya shahada (au sawa);
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. The only exception to this criterion is for developing country nationals from a country that will be on the updated list of Fragile and Conflict States provided to applicants in the Application Guidelines for each call for scholarships.
- On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ / WBGSP mipango ya bwana wa chuo kikuu located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application. For details, see “How to Apply”.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
Please note: All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
Faida za Scholarship
Usomi wa JJ / WBGSP hutoa mpokeaji kwa faida zifuatazo:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence
allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc.,
including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the
Tafadhali angalia usomi wote wa JJ / WBGSP hufunika muda wa mpango wa kuhitimu au miaka miwili, chochote cha chini.
Usomi wa JJ / WBGSP haufiki:
- VISA maombi (s) gharama
- Gharama za kuleta na / au kuunga mkono familia za wasomi;
- Kozi za ziada za elimu au mafunzo;
- Courses that do not meet the minimum credits required to earn the graduate degree;
- Mafunzo ya lugha hayatolewa na programu ya kuhitimu;
- Safari ya ziada wakati wa mpango wa kujifunza;
- Expenses related to research, supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Vifaa vya elimu kama vile kompyuta.
- Resident permit fee
Note: The JJ/WBGSP scholarship may only supplement, and does not duplicate, any other source of financial support/fellowship you might have. If you are notified to be a semi-finalist or if you are awarded a scholarship, you must inform and document to the JJ/WBGSP at that time if you have other sources of scholarship funds
The JJ/WBGSP uses the following process to review eligible scholarship applications from developing country nationals, with the aim of identifying the candidates with the highest potential, after completion of their graduate studies, to impact the development of their countries.
Two qualified assessors independently review each eligible application and score the application on a scale of 1 to 10, taking into account four main factors and the degree of cohesion among them:
- Quality of Professional Experience (30% weight)
- Quality of Professional Recommendations (30% weight)
- Quality of Commitment to your Home Country (30% weight)
- Quality of Education Background (10% weight)
The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat uses the average score of the two assessors and the following criteria to select the finalists:
- Maintaining a reasonably wide geographical distribution of awards;
- Maintaining a reasonable distribution of awards across gender;
- Unusual circumstances/hardships, when assessing the employment experience and other aspects of an application;
- Giving scholarships to those applicants who, other things being equal, have limited access to financial resources for graduate studies abroad.
Jinsi ya kutumia
Applicants can apply for scholarships to both Preferred and Partner Programs. The process to apply to a Preferred Program and to a Partner Program differs:
See our Announcements posted on the right side of this website for upcoming calls for scholarship applications for developing country nationals to study at one of our partner master programs, as these calls are announced on a rolling basis throughout the calendar year.
Those seeking a JJ/WBGSP Partner Program scholarship (.xlsx 15 KB) must first apply for admission to one or more of the Partner Master’s Degree Program(s). Inquiries on how to submit an admission application to a partner program should be submitted to the respective university.
After reviewing submitted applications, each Partner Master Degree Program will identify a short list of eligible candidates who will then be invited by the JJWBGSP Secretariat to apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship. View the orodha kamili ya JJ / WBGSP Partner (.xlsx 15 KB) digrii za teknolojia zinazotolewa.
Those seeking a JJ/WBGSP Preferred Program scholarship(.xlsx 49 KB) must apply directly and be admitted unconditionally to one or more of the Preferred Program(s) before submitting a JJWBGSP scholarship through an open call typically announced within the first two months of a calendar year. The next call for applications for a JJWBGSP Scholarship to one of our Preferred Programs is scheduled to open in March 2019. View the complete list of JJ/WBGSP Preferred (.xlsx 49 KB) Master Degrees currently offered.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: