Application Deadline: April 30th 2018
The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship is a financial assistance offered by the Indonesian Government to International students coming from developing countries to pursue their master degree in Indonesian Universities. Initially, the idea of offering scholarships by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia for the student coming from the NAM member countries was mandated in the 10th Conference of Heads of States of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries commenced in Bandung from 1st–6thSeptember 1992.
Following that mandate, in 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia started offering
postgraduate (master degree) scholarships to students from the NAM member countries. Since 2002, due to the substantial change in the international political constellation, the use of the term “NAM” in this program was considered irrelevant. The program name then changed to
Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (Developing Countries Partnership) Scholarship or KNB Scholarship.
Consequently, the program have been widely offered to students, not only to the NAM member countries, but also to other developing countries such as Thailand, Fiji, Gambia, Senegal, Nigeria, Madagascar, Suriname, Pakistan, Guyana, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, and Vanuatu.
1. To contribute in the human resource development in the developing countries;
2. To promote deeper cultural understanding between developing countries;
3. To strengthen the relationship and cooperation between developing countries.
1. The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 35 years old;
2. Applicants must hold a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply);
3. Applicants must have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent;
4. Applicants must complete the on-line application form;
5. Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management
Medium of Instruction
All courses will be delivered in Bahasa Indonesia.
Thesis should be written in Bahasa Indonesia unless the university suggested otherwise.
Research should be carried out in Indonesia
The KNB Scholarship covers:
1. A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,000,000 will be given to new students upon
their arrival in Indonesia;
2. While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students
will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,550,000 per month;
3. During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance as detailed below:
1 Living Allowance IDR 2,550,000
2 Research Allowance IDR 400,000
3 Books Allowance IDR 350,000
4. A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
5. A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
6. The duration of scholarship is exclusively correlated to the duration of the academic program as indicated below:
1 Indonesian Language Course and Master Preparatory Program : Maximum 12 months
2 Master Program : Maximum 24 months (4 semester)
3 Bachelor Program Maximum 48 months (8 semester)
How to Apply:
All application process is conducted online through the KNB Scholarship website www.knb.ristekdikti.go.id. Please be advised that soliciting is prohibited.
a. Required Documents
1) Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
2) Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency–should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia);
3) 2 Academic Recommendation letters;
4) Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate;
5) Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English);
6) Scanned TOEFL score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years;
7) Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified Physician.
1) Download the Invitation Letter (Available in the KNB Scholarship website);
2) Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter;
3) Complete the online application process;
4) Selection process;
Selection Results Announcement. The Selection Results will be announced online via the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network;
1. The online application process must be completed no later than April 30th, 2018;
2. Selection process will be conducted on the first week of May 2018;
3. The selection result will be announced on the 2nd week of June 2018.
4. The students are expected to arrive in Jakarta on August 2018
For More Information: