Application Deadline: 31 December 2014
The Lawyers for Economic Advancement and Development Lex:lead Group is pleased to announce a scholarship competition for law students in developing countries. Up to twelve 12) one – time scholarships of US$ 500 each will be awarded in February 2015 to students submitting winning essays by 31 December 2014 answering the question:
How Can Tax Law Stimulate Economic Growth and Finance Development?
- Essays must be in English, typed and single-spaced for a total of not more than five (5) pages. All work submitted must be the applicant’s own, original work with clear attribution where other sources are consulted.
- Essays must be submitted using the number assigned at registration and contain no information that could lead to independent identification of the applicant.
- Further details are given on the application forms.
- Applicants must register by 31 October 2014 to email email@example.com providing proof of citizenship in an Eligible Country and proof of enrolment in a law program in an Eligible Country. A placation forms are available at www.lex-lead.org or can be requested by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants meeting the eligibility criteria will be assigned a registration number which they are to use in submitting essays by 31 December 2014
Angola;Benin; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; DR Congo; Djibouti; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Gambia; Guinea; Guinea Bissau; Lesotho; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Mauritania; Mozambique; Niger; Rwanda; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Sierra Leone; Somalia; South Sudan; Sudan (Rep.); Togo; Tanzania;Uganda; Zambia.
List relates to both citizenship and educational enrollment . Subject to verification and change
- Essays submitted by the deadline will be independently assessed by a panel of experts and awards announced in January/February 2015.
- Note that award cheques will be made out in US Dollars payable to the applicant’s educational institution for use toward the student’s tuition and/or books less any applicable bank conversion fees and/or taxes. The winning essays may be published.
For More Information: