Maombi Tarehe ya mwisho: Januari 4, 2019.
The Magnum Foundation Fellowship offers mentorship and stipends to recent graduates or early in development as practitioners who are at a critical moment in their development as photographers.
During the fellowship, fellows produce an in-depth project local to New York City that demonstrates a commitment to social issues and community based work. Fellows will be encouraged to build relationships with their subjects in the field, build partnerships with relevant organizations, and experiment with new narrative forms and storytelling techniques. Fellows receive mentorship and project development support from Magnum Foundation staff and extended network throughout the duration of the fellowship.
In addition to producing a project, fellows are considered an integral part of the team and are expected to make significant contributions to the day-today work we do at Magnum Foundation. The Fellows work on range of projects in the New York office including research on social issues, exploration of emerging technologies and platforms, multimedia production, and event production. Candidates should have expertise in at least one of the following areas: video production, graphic design, emerging technology, and research. Candidates will be paired with Magnum Foundation projects according to their expertise and interests.
Fellows are chosen by an internal selection team.
MAGNUM FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION DETAILS
Duration: 12 weeks, 40hrs/week XCHARX February XCHARX April 2019
½ week personal project development; ½ week Magnum Foundation projects
Stipend: $500/week for a total of $6,000
The fellowship does not provide room and board or transportation to and from Magnum Foundation’s office. Fellows are responsible for arranging their own accommodations and travel.
JINSI YA KUOMBA
Vifaa vya Maombi Matakwa:
1. Resume (LastName_FirstName_Resume)
2. Brief cover letter stating goals and qualifications (LastName_FirstName_Coverletter). In your cover letter please indicate your level of proficiency in photo-based editing software and file management systems, Premier, and other digital media software or technologies. If you have completed video or multimedia work, please include a link.
3. Two-page (500 word double-spaced) well-researched project proposal. Proposed projects must demonstrate a commitment to issues directly topical to New York City, and must be possible to complete within 12 weeks. Proposal should include a timeline for completion. Please name your proposal file as follows: LastName_FirstName_Proposal
4. 15 select images from a completed or ongoing project, with captions and a one-paragraph project description. Images should be 1000 pixels on the long edge at 72 dpi jpeg files and should be named as follows: LastName_FirstName_01.jpg, LastName_FirstName_02.jpg, etc.
5. One-paragraph description of submitted project and list of captions for submitted images named as follows: LastName_FirstName_Captions.
All questions can be addressed to Program Associate, Alexis Lambrou.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: