Mwisho wa Maombi: Oktoba 8th 2018
Kila mwaka, wasimamizi wa PhD kutoka taasisi za kitaaluma huko EMEA wanakaribishwa kuwasilisha mapendekezo yao ya miradi ya ushirikiano wa utafiti na Utafiti wa Microsoft Cambridge. Applications are then peer reviewed and namba ya projects selected for funding. PhD students are appointed to the selected projects and begin their research in the following academic year under the supervision of their academic supervisor, with co-supervision from a researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge.
Programu ya Utafiti wa PhD ya Microsoft PhD katika EMEA (Ulaya, Mashariki ya Kati, Afrika) ilizinduliwa katika 2004 na hadi sasa imesaidia zaidi ya wanafunzi wa PhD 200 kutoka zaidi ya nchi za 18 na taasisi za 51.
Some of the Scholars may also be offered—at the sole discretion of Microsoft Research—an internship in one of the Microsoft Research laboratories. Internships involve working on a project alongside and as part of a team of Microsoft researchers. Scholars are paid during their internship—in addition to their scholarship bursary.
Vigezo vya kustahili
Applications must not be made by students but by PhD supervisors, who must have been nominated by Microsoft Research prior to the submission deadline. If their project is selected, the supervisor has until 31 March 2020 to find the best possible student for the project; otherwise, the PhD Agreement will be terminated automatically. Only applications from institutions in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa will be considered.
Kwa ajili ya maombi kuchukuliwa, mahitaji muhimu yafuatayo yanatumika:
- Taasisi inakubaliana na masharti na hali katika Karatasi ya Mwisho wa PhD na Karatasi ya Mpangilio wa EPSRC where appropriate and there will be no negotiation once the selections have been made and communicated.
- Applicants must be nominated by a Microsoft supervisor by 1st September 2018 to be eligible to submit an application.
- The proposed research must be closely related to our research ambitions at Microsoft Research in Cambridge:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Miundombinu ya Wingu
- Kazi ya Kazi
- Hesabu ya Biolojia
This year, we are particularly interested in proposals related to:
- Kujifunza Machine kwa Afya
- Optics katika Cloud (mitandao, hifadhi na hesabu)
- Confidential Computation
- Kuunda AI kwa Ubia wa Binadamu
- Microsoft scholarships consist of an annual bursary up to a maximum of three years for PhD supervisors and students to do collaborative research projects with Microsoft Research Cambridge.
- The monetary value of the award varies by country to reflect local differences in costs and overheads. Payment is made directly to the institution. The amount of the scholarship is the maximum amount Microsoft Research pays to the institution. In addition, every Scholar receives a fixed hardware allowance and conference allowance.
Utaratibu wa Uchaguzi
Applications are sent for comprehensive review to Microsoft internal reviewers only. Ranking depends on review feedback. Other factors, such as relevance to Microsoft research topics, are taken into account for the selection.
Maamuzi yanafanywa tu kwa hiari ya Utafiti wa Microsoft na maamuzi yote ni ya mwisho.
Applicants (PhD supervisors) have until 31st March 2020 to propose the best and most suitable student possible to carry out the proposed research project.
|Kwa mchakato wa maombi:|
|Nominations received by:
Chombo cha kuwasilisha mtandaoni kinafunguliwa:
|1 Septemba 2018
Mwezi wa Septemba 17
|Muda wa mwisho wa maombi:||8th Oktoba 2018|
|Arifa ya matokeo:||By early January 2019|
|Kwa waombaji mafanikio:|
|PhD Agreements sent to Institutes via DocuSign by:||Mwisho wa Februari 2019|
|Mikataba ya Dini ya Ishara ilirudi kupitia MSR kupitia Docusign kwa:||Mwezi wa XNUM 30|
|Wanafunzi wa PhD kuteuliwa na:||31st Machi 2020|
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: