Submission Deadline: 29th January 2016
The Nigeria Energy Forum is delighted to invite young professionals to make submissions for the 2016 AFRICA ENERGY PHOTO CONTEST. The photo contest will take the form of a postcard posted to the UN Secretary General, highlighting the challenges and opportunities for sustainable energy development in Africa.
The contest follows the UN’s declaration of the decade 2014-2024 as the ‘Decade of Sustainable Energy for All’. The contest is open to all young professionals with an interest in the area of sustainable energy. NEF define young professionals as anyone under the age of 35.
“Lighting up Africa through the lens of a camera”
Photo Contest Prizes
The winners of the photo contest will receive commendation certificates and prizes, including a unique opportunity to exhibit their photographs at the Nigeria Energy Forum, to be held at the Oriental Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria from April 12-13, 2016. Click here to learn more about the forum.
- First Prize: Laptop, ₦ 60,000 ($300) gift voucher, certificate of excellence and opportunity to speak at the Africa Energy Dinner on April 12, 2016.
- Second Prize : ₦ 40,000 ($200) gift voucher, certificate of excellence and opportunity to speak at the Africa Energy Dinner.
- Third Prize : ₦ 20,000 ($100) gift voucher, certificate of excellence and opportunity to attend the energy dinner.
- All shortlisted entrants will be profiled at the Nigeria Energy Forum and the top 10 entries will be displayed at the Energy Innovation Exhibition, on April 12, 2016.
Formatting and Style
- The photo must be shot in Africa must be described using a caption not longer than 100 words.
- The photo cannot mention participant’s name or the name of their organisation to ensure anonymity during review. However, contact details must be provided during submission via email.
Photo Submission Guidelines
- Young professionals should first upload their energy photo and caption on the timeline of the Nigeria Energy Forum Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/
- Then, high resolution versions of the photos and caption should be submitted as an email attachment in a Word Document or PDF form to email@example.com.
- The subject line of the email should read, ‘Africa Energy Photo Contest’.
- All photos must be received by 11:59 PM GMT, January 29, 2016.
- Please name the file as: First&Last Name_Organisation (e.g. John Appiah_University of Accra)
- The email submission must contain a cover page with the contestant’s full name, address, organisation, phone number and email address.
For More Information: