Vigezo na mchakato wa programu
Before applying, ideal fellowship candidates should initiative a strategic conversation with the organization(s) and network(s) that they intend to assist and work with for their fellowship duration. Further, fellowship candidates should ensure:
- They and the organization(s) agree they are a good match
- Their capabilities align with the organization’s overall digital security needs and interest and have the means of achieving them,
- The organization’s leadership believes in the organizational change expected to occur.
- These conversations should also identify areas of particular concern for the organizations, including but not limited to: the types of threats they face to their work by adversaries, previous digital security issues experienced, anticipated escalations in threats to their work, etc.
- The fellowship candidate will work with the organizations’ leadership and OTF to share concrete feedback to the internet freedom community about specific usage of digital security / internet freedom technologies.
- Enhancing the capacity of locally-based digital security professionals as a partner to increase their knowledge and capacity;
- Implementing, maintaining, and scaling up the day-to-day digital security best-practices from within that enable an organization’s digital assets to defend against common “threats-of-the-day”;
- Responding to digital emergencies and targeted attacks utilizing incident response best-practices to inform further protection measures; and/or,
- Conducting highly-specialized digital forensics such as identifying and documenting malware and other vulnerabilities used in targeted attacks against human rights defenders
- Watu wa miaka yote bila kujali utaifa, makazi, imani, jinsia, au mambo mengine, isipokuwa kuwa OTF haiwezi kuunga mkono waombaji ndani ya nchi ambazo Marekani ina vikwazo vya biashara au vikwazo vya kuuza nje kama ilivyoelezwa na Ofisi ya Mali ya Nje ya Marekani Kudhibiti (OFAC);
- Watu ambao wanaonyesha ujuzi na uwezo wa kufanya kazi muhimu za usalama wa digital;
- Individuals who demonstrate a desire to grow their knowledge through mentorship and cross-discipline collaboration; and, Individuals who demonstrate a commitment to advance internet freedom globally;
Maelezo ya tuzo
- Wenzake wote walioidhinishwa watashughulikia mkataba wa msingi wa utendaji moja kwa moja na OTF kwa SOW, wanahitajika kutoa ripoti ya kila mwezi kwa shirika lao, OTF, na wenzake wengine.
- Washirika waliotumiwa hupewa stipend ya dola za 5,000 kwa mwezi kwa muda wa miezi 12.
- Awarded fellows will also be allotted an “organizational support stipend” of 5,000 USD total to cover equipment and subscription costs that will maintain security protections for organizations receiving digital security assistance from the fellow.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: