Mwisho wa Maombi: Desemba 2nd, 2018
Programme/ Department: Fellowship
Aina ya Mkataba: N / a
Mshahara: GBP 21,000 (GBP 23,000 in the second year) plus accommodation allowance
eneo: Overseas Development Institute
Masaa: Full time
ODI’s prestigious Fellowship Scheme gives postgraduate economists and statisticians the chance to work in developing country public sectors as local civil servants on two-year contracts.
Mpango huo una malengo mawili: kutoa serikali za nchi zinazoendelea na wachumi wa ngazi ya juu na wachambuzi wa takwimu ambapo kuna pengo katika uwezo wa ndani; na kutoa wanauchumi wa daraja na wataalamu wa takwimu za uzoefu wa kazi katika nchi zinazoendelea.
Since 1963 we have sent more than 1,000 economists and statisticians on two-year postings to more than 40 countries across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and the Pacific, with many going on to successful careers in government, multilateral institutions, academia and the private sector. More than one hundred Fellows are currently in post.
The Scheme is open to candidates of all nationalities provided they have a master’s degree or PhD in economics, statistics or a related discipline. Postings are determined primarily by the needs of partner governments rather than the preferences of candidates themselves.
- The Scheme places young and highly motivated wachumi na Wasomi in public sector posts in developing country governments on two-year contracts. Applicants can apply for either Uchumi na / au Takwimu streams provided they are suitably qualified.
- In addition, this year we are looking for health economists or economists interested in health for Fellowships sponsored by the UK’s Fleming Fund.
- The ODI Fellowship Scheme is open to candidates of all nationalities who have a master’s degree or PhD in economics, statistics or a related field.
- Suitable specialised qualifications at postgraduate level include agricultural economics, environmental economics, international economics, health economics, development economics, and econometrics and statistics.
- For those studying for a postgraduate degree at the time of application, the award of a Fellowship is conditional upon the successful completion of the postgraduate degree.
- The ODI Fellowship Scheme posts Fellows under two streams: economics and statistics. Candidates can apply under one or both of the Fellowship streams provided they have the right qualifications: economics and statistics.
- Applicants must be willing to commit to a two-year posting in any of the countries that participate in the Scheme.
- Applications are strengthened by a demonstrable interest in development, relevant work or voluntary experience in a developing country, language competence in French, Portuguese or Swahili, and strong IT skills.
- The Scheme regularly attracts approximately equal numbers of male and female candidates.
Waajiri wa kawaida ni wajibu wa:
• kulipa mshahara sawa na kile kinacholipwa kwa taifa lililoajiriwa na wenye sifa na uzoefu sawa
• providing conditions of service such as leave entitlement, expense allowances and medical insurance similar to those offered to local staff in similar grades
• kuhakikishia Washirika wanapokea msaada katika kupata vibali vya kazi na kibali vya usalama ambapo inahitajika.
ODI ni kawaida inayohusika na:
• uteuzi wa Wenzake
•providing Fellows’ pre-departure briefing and allowances
•paying a monthly supplement which takes into account local income, taxation, and accommodation costs
•paying Fellows’ transport and baggage expenses at the start and end of the two-year contract
•providing emergency medical insurance while in post
•providing information by email and text message about security issues in Fellows’ countries of posting
•paying an end-of-Fellowship bonus, provided Fellows complete the full two-year assignment.
Tarehe ya kufunga: 02 Desemba 2018
mahojiano: February 11-18, 2019
Tathmini ya: February 11-18, 2019
- Please note that the application process will close on December 2nd, 2018, and applications must be submitted by 23:59 (GMT) to be considered.
- If you are experiencing problems with your application, please contact the Fellowship Scheme office on email@example.com
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: