Maombi Tarehe ya mwisho:30 Mei 2019.
The OWSD PhD Fellowship programme is administered with funds generously provided by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and is offered in partnership with host institutes throughout the developing world.
The general purpose of the fellowship programme is to contribute to the emergence of a new generation of women leaders in science and technology, and to promote their effective participation in the scientific and technological development of their countries.
Malengo maalum ya programu ya ushirika ni:
- To improve access to educational and training opportunities in science and technology for young and talented women graduates from STLCs.
- Ili kuongeza uzalishaji wa kisayansi na ubunifu wa wanasayansi wanawake katika STLCs.
- Kuwawezesha kizazi kipya cha wanawake wenye vipaji kuchukua nafasi ya uongozi katika sayansi na teknolojia.
- Kuhimiza wanawake wanasayansi kuchangia maendeleo endelevu ya nchi zao za nyumbani.
- Kuwawezesha mwanasayansi mwanamke kutoka Kusini kushiriki na kuunganisha ngazi ya kikanda na kimataifa.
1. Wagombea wanapaswa kuthibitisha kwamba wanatakiwa kurudi nyumbani kwao haraka iwezekanavyo baada ya kukamilika kwa ushirika.
2. Nchi zinazostahiki
Orodha ya nchi zinazostahili zinapatikana pia hapa.
|Rep Afrika ya Kati.||Palestine (West Bank and Gaza Strip)|
|Kongo||Sao Tome na Principe|
|Dem Rep. Congo||Sierra Leone|
|Djibouti||Visiwa vya Solomon|
|Ghana||Syrian Arab Republic|
|Lao People’s Dem Rep.||Yemen|
- Sayansi ya Kilimo
- Astronomy, Space na Sayansi ya Dunia
- Mfumo wa Biolojia na Makala
- kemikali Sayansi
- Teknolojia ya Teknolojia na Habari
- Sayansi ya Uhandisi
- Sayansi ya hisabati
- Sayansi ya Matibabu na Afya
- Biolojia ya Kiundo, Kiini na Masi
4. Ustahiki wa kitaaluma
Ufuatiliaji wa chini ni Shahada ya MSc katika moja ya maeneo yaliyotajwa hapo juu.
5. Taasisi za mwenyeji zinazofaa
- Taasisi za jeshi zinapaswa kuwepo katika nchi zinazoendelea Kusini (sio nchi ya mgombea).
- orodha ya recommended institutes inapatikana hapa.
- Other institutes, not included in the link above, will also be considered if they demonstrate appropriate resources and expertise.
- Candidates should identify a host institute outside their home country. They can identify a further two host institutes if desired.
- Wagombea walio tayari kwenye tovuti katika nchi ya mwenyeji hawatachukuliwa kuwa wanaostahiki.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
We strongly encourage eligible applicants to start gathering all requested documentation as soon as possible; sometimes it takes weeks to receive all relevant letters.
1. Utafiti wa PhD inapendekeza muhtasari
- Candidates must submit a PhD research proposal outline (max 2.000 words) which should be a summarized description of the PhD research proposal.
- Mwongozo wa kuandika hoja nzuri ya pendekezo inapatikana hapa.
- Candidates are invited to study carefully these guidelines and ensure that their proposal is well structured and clear. The project proposal is given particular attention at selection.
2. Degree certificates and transcripts
Candidates must submit copies of:
- all university degree certificates; and
- all university-issued transcripts, indicating all courses and grades.
Candidates must submit their complete CV (including a list of publications, if available).
4. Preliminary acceptance letter
Candidates must submit a preliminary acceptance letter from at least one host institute.
- The letter must be signed by the head of department or by the postgraduate studies coordinator.
- The study starting date on the preliminary acceptance letter must be the year following the application (e.g. if you apply for a fellowship in 2018 the acceptance letter should indicate the starting date as 2019).
- The sample available hapa must be used for the preparation of this document.
5. Letter of commitment
Candidates must submit a letter of commitment from the prospective host supervisor confirming that the host institute has the resources (e.g. bench fees, laboratory equipment) required to undertake the project.
- The letter should also describe why the host institute is appropriate for the subject of study and confirm the supervisor’s interest in working with the candidate.
- Guidelines for letter drafting are available hapa.
6. Barua za kumbukumbu
Candidates must submit two reference letters from senior scientists familiar with their work.
- Guidelines for reference letter drafting are available hapa.
- For SANDWICH candidates only: please note that the home PhD supervisor cannot be one of the two referees.
Candidates must submit a scanned copy of the passport page, which contains personal details (photo, document number etc.).
Candidates applying for a SANDWICH study scheme must, in addition, submit also the following documents:
8. Registration and No objection certificate
- Sandwich candidates must submit the Registration and No objection certificate prepared by the home institute confirming that the candidate is a PhD registered student and that there is no objection to her studying at the chosen host institute abroad.
- The certificate template can be downloaded hapa and must be completed and signed by the head/director of the home institute.
9. Supporting statement from home supervisor
Sandwich candidates must submit a supporting statement, prepared and signed by the home supervisor on letter-headed paper. The supervisor should:
- state that he/she is willing to support the candidate undertaking part of her studies at the host institute abroad; and
- describe how the research visit abroad will impact/benefit the candidate’s research project.
Wagombea wanaweza kuchagua kati ya mipango miwili ya utafiti:
- a wakati wote fellowship (maximum 4 years funding), where the research is undertaken entirely at a host institute in another developing country in the South.
- a sandwich fellowship, where the candidate must be a
registered PhD student in her home country and undertakes part of her
studies at a host institute in another developing country.
The sandwich fellowship is awarded for a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 research visits at the host institute. The minimum duration of the first visit is 6 months. The total number of months spent at the host institute cannot exceed 20 months. The funding period cannot exceed 4 years.
OWSD particularly encourages candidates to consider the sandwich option, which allows them to earn the PhD in their home country while accessing specialist researchers and equipment abroad, at the host institute.
Msaada wa ushirika hutolewa tu wakati mwanafunzi akiwa kwenye tovuti, katika taasisi ya jeshi.
Ushirika wa OWSD inashughulikia:
- Malipo ya kila mwezi ya kufikia gharama za msingi za maisha kama vile malazi na chakula wakati wa nchi
- Mfuko maalum wa kuhudhuria mikutano ya kimataifa wakati wa ushirika
- Tiketi ya kurudi kutoka nchi ya nyumbani kwa taasisi ya jeshi kwa kipindi cha utafiti ulikubaliana
- Visa gharama
- Mchango wa bima ya matibabu ya kila mwaka
- Nafasi ya kuhudhuria warsha za sayansi za kikanda, kwa ushindani
- Study fees (including tuition and registration fees) in agreement with the chosen host institute which is also expected to contribute
Ushirika wa OWSD haufungui:
- Hifadhi ya benchi na matumizi
- Msaada kwa mafunzo ya lugha, ama kabla au wakati wa programu ya ushirika
- Support for shipment of research samples
- Gharama za kompyuta binafsi au ununuzi wa programu
- Msaada kwa familia
- Tiketi za kurudi za ziada kwa nchi ya nyumbani kwa sababu za kibinafsi
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: