Application Deadline: October 29th 2018
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation award supports interdisciplinary research and original fieldwork by providing a substantial yearly allowance for research and travel, enabling the Scholars to gain first-hand contact with the diverse communities that can enrich their studies. Moreover, each Scholar is paired with a distinguished Trudeau Mentor selected by the Foundation among the most eminent Canadian practitioners in all sectors of public life. The Scholarship also offers the opportunity to interact with an exceptional community of leaders and committed individuals in every field of the social sciences and humanities, to participate in events organized by the Foundation and to hold their own workshops, through available financial support.
Candidates are evaluated based on their academic achievement, which must be on par with the highest standards of the world’s most prestigious doctoral scholarship programs. Future scholars must also demonstrate an ability to engage in lively exchange with other researchers and scholars, and have an expressed desire to contribute to public dialogue.
Annual value up to $60,000 (including an annual travel allowance of $20,000) per Scholar for a maximum of three years
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university.OR
- Be a Canadian citizen applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a foreign university.OR
- Be a foreign national [with a preference for candidates from the developing world] applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university
- Present a research project linked to one of the Foundation’s four themes (Human rights and dignity; Responsible citizenship; Canada in the world; People and their natural environment)
- Be nominated by a university
Application Deadline: October 29, 2018
Note: This is the internal YSGS Ryerson deadline for all candidates to submit their application packages.
- Interested students must complete and submit their electronic application package through the Trudeau Foundation website online application system by the internal deadline stated above. Create an account and follow instructions, external link.
For More Information: