Application Deadline: September 27, 2017
On September 13, 2017, Securing Water for Food: A Grand Challenge for Development will launch a global water-agriculture photo contest to call attention to the significant issue of water scarcity, while recognizing and celebrating steps being taken around the world to improve water and food security.
The Securing Water for Food (SWFF) Global Water-Agriculture Photo Contest aims to:
- Harness the power of images to tell a story that raises awareness and inspires action to Securing Water for Food’s about enterprises and organizations with innovations that will enable the production of more food with less water and/or make more water available for food production, processing, and distribution.
- Celebrate men and women who work in agriculture and document how they are impacting water/food security through new technologies and business models.
For SWFF Global Water-Agriculture Photo Contest, photographers must submit images that focus on one or more of these themes: agriculture, water, water-agriculture-related technology, and men and women working in agriculture.
As noted, for SWFF Global Water-Agriculture Photo Contest, images you submit must focus on one or more of these themes:
- Water-agriculture-related technology
- Men and women working in agriculture
Photos that include all four topics will receive higher scores by the finalist judging panel.
Prizes & Contest Details
Grand Prize Group of 15 Photos – $500
First Place Single Photo – $500
Second Place Single Photo – $250
Third Place Single Photo – $150
Grand Prize Submissions
For the Grand Prize submissions, entrants will need to designate each photo on the drop-down menu to show they are submitting a 15-item group for consideration of the grand prize. You will see: 1 of 15 Group Photo Submission; 2 of 15 Group Photo Submission; 3 of 15 Group Photo Submission, etc.
One entrant may enter no more than a total of 20 photos (e.g., 5 single entry items and 15 photos for the group OR 20 single entry photos).
The 21rst photo you submit will be disqualified/not accepted.
SWFF seek outstanding photos that have an unusual viewpoint and force you to pay attention to things ordinary people may take for granted, or worse, not even notice. We also want images that make people’s jaw drop. Winning photos must have the following attributes:
- Be of high quality
- Tells a story and represents an interesting and engaging subject matter
- Has strong compositional order and structure
- Grabs the eye from a distance
- Evokes an emotion
- Captures an iconic moment
- Showcases a unique perspective
Contest Duration: September 13, 2017 – September 27, 2017
Contest Promotion: August 29, 2017 – September 27, 2017
Judging: September 27, 2017 – October 3, 2017
Winners Announced: October 5, 2017
For More Information: