Application Deadline: August 24th 2018
The Alliance for Peacebuilding (AfP) is seeking applicants for a scholarship fund for local peacebuilders to attend PeaceCon2018 October 24-26, 2018. While applications are currently open, all decisions are contingent upon external funding.
- AfP will select a maximum of 10 applicants conducting peacebuilding work/research to travel and attend to PeaceCon 2018.
- Those eligible are individuals who, either working independently or with an organization, implement direct peacebuilding programming and/or conduct peacebuilding research in a country/region outside of the United States, Canada, Western Europe and the European Union, Australia, Japan, and New Zealand.
- The deadline to apply is August 24th. All awarded scholarships are contingent on the applicants’ ability to get a visa to the United States. Pending approved funding, decisions and notifications will be made by August 31st. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit and financial need.
Selected applicants will receive the following:
- AfP will cover round-trip airfare; (AfP reserves the right to place limits on the cost of travel)
- Local travel to and from airports;
- Hotel accommodations for 4 nights stay in Washington, DC;
- Pre-determined per diem to help cover the cost of dinner during the conference and when in transit;
- Admission to PeaceCon 2018 and the Peacebuilding M&E Solutions Forum (The Solutions Forum is held on October 23 and those selected are welcome to participate if their travel and schedule permit it);
AfP will handle the travel logistics and purchase the airfare and hotel accommodations. Selected applicants will be required to coordinate their own local travel and will receive per diem payments upon arrival. All participants will travel economy-class flights to and from Washington, DC. AfP reserves the right to place a limit on the cost of flights depending on the selected applicant’s residency and circumstances. The scholarship fund is contingent upon approved funding.
- Please carefully read the guidelines and instructions before submitting your application.
- All applications must be submitted through the online form.
For More Information: