Maombi Tarehe ya mwisho: 15 Machi 2019 at 5pm GMT.
The Financial Times (FT) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, have launched the sixth edition of the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards.
The 2019 Awards include a new, special category on harnessing technology for people with disabilities, supported by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The new category was announced by World Bank CEO Kristalina Georgieva at the Global Disability Summit organised by DFID Julai 2018.
The important role of cities in driving progress in sustainable development is highlighted in a revamped category focused on Urban Infrastructure.
The core categories are now all directly related to global efforts to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Within this overall focus, special attention will continue to be given to initiatives that address climate change and harness disruptive technologies and business models to increase impact and scale. Innovative financing solutions will also be highlighted, along with the role of institutional investors and other large holders of capital in supporting the SDGs.
The Awards are open to any private sector organisations. Start-ups with innovative solutions and a clear roadmap to financial sustainability are encouraged to apply. The 2018 Awards attracted 189 entries from 278 organisations involving projects in more than 126 countries.
The FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards, the leading global programme that highlights innovative, long-term private-sector solutions to major development challenges, returns for a sixth year with a special category focused on harnessing technology for people with disabilities.
The following core award categories for 2019 are now open for entries:
- Transformational Solutions in Urban Infrastructure
- Transformational Solutions in Food, Water and Land
- Transformational Solutions in Health, Wellness and Disease Prevention
- Transformational Solutions in Education, Knowledge and Skills
- Special Award: Innovating for Disability
The winners of the following Overall Awards will be selected by our esteemed judging panel from those short-listed for the above core categories:
- Overall Award: Excellence in Disruptive Technologies
- Overall Award: Excellence in Climate Solutions
- Overall Award: Excellence in Transformational Finance
- Overall Award: Excellence in Transformational Business
The winner in each category will be announced at a special dinner in London on 13 Juni 2019. The dinner will be preceded by the FT/IFC Transformational Business Conference, a major gathering of thought leaders who will explore and debate the issues generated by the Awards
The programme is open to all financial and non-financial private sector organisations. Start-ups with innovative solutions and a clear roadmap to financial sustainability are encouraged to apply.
Productive sector companies, investment institutions, and advisory firms involved in projects addressing key challenges in urbanisation, technology and sustainability with respect to developing economies, including:
- Infrastructure developers
- Energy companies
- Engineering companies
- Technology companies
- Healthcare providers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Design houses
- Fedha za pensheni
- Fedha za utawala wa Ufalme
- Life insurance companies
- Private equity firms
- Mabenki ya uwekezaji
- Fund managers
If your entry is short-listed in one of the awards categories:
- Your organisation and the initiative that has been short-listed will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- You will be invited to attend the
FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards dinner, where the winners in
each category will be announced.
- All short-listed entries are presented in detail at the Awards dinner before the winners are revealed. You will also be able to network with other organisations short-listed for the awards.
If the judging panel selects your entry as a winner in one of the categories:
- Your organisation and the award-winning initiative will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- A summary of your entry will be featured on the Awards website