Application Deadline: June 30th 2018
The Lending for Education in Africa Partnership (LEAP) Program is a fellowship program designed to provide aspiring students with affordable financing to pursue quality higher education, as well as to support program participants (LEAP Fellows) throughout their studies at USIU-Africa, and in their future job search. LEAP Fellows can benefit from the Program in the following ways:
- Access to affordable financing (in the form of a student loan) to fund university studies;
- Access to financial literacy training so that the Fellow can become a better borrower and/or saver;
- Access to a bespoke training program, tailored to the Fellow’s needs. Topics will include, leadership and career development; and linkages with employers;
- Become part of a community that will provide Fellows with additional support in their academic and student life, and continuing even as an alumnus.
In order to be considered for the LEAP Program, an applicant is required to meet the following criteria:
- Is an adult Kenyan citizen;
- Must be admitted to pursue, or is currently pursuing any of the following initial undergraduate programs: BSc. Applied Computer Technology; BSc. Information Systems Technology; B.Pharmacy; B.Sc. Accounting; or B.Sc. Finance;
- Demonstrated strong academic performance (Minimum KSCE Grade of B- or GPA of 2.7);
To be considered for the LEAP Fellowship Program for the September 2018 intake, an applicant MUST send an expression of interest via email to USIU-Africa’s Office of Financial Aid by Saturday, June 30, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The expression of interest MUST include the following details:
Current Students: Full Names, Telephone & Email Contacts; Student ID; Enrolled degree program;
Prospective Students: Full Names, Telephone & Email Contacts; Degree program of interest;
For any further questions, kindly contact the Office of Financial Aid through the following phone numbers: 0730 116 776/745
NB: Please note that an expression of interest is non-binding and does not guarantee an applicant an award of a LEAP Fellowship.
For More Information: