Mwisho wa Maombi: Julai 15th 2018
The International Photo Contest ”Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads”, taking place from 11 April to 15 July 2018, is organized within the framework of UNESCO Mradi wa Silk Roads, Mpango wa Vijana wa UNESCO na miminternational Decade for the Rapprochement of Cultures (2013-2022). This initiative, which benefits from the kind support and valuable advice of the renowned photographer and humanitarian, Reza, offers a good opportunity for young people from different regions of the world to visually capture their understanding and impressions of the Silk Roads common heritage in their respective countries.
Visual arts serve as the primary communication tool for today’s youth. The power and importance of visual instruction in raising awareness for younger generations is paramount, especially concerning an understanding of key issues within the context of globalization. The Silk Roads is an expansive region, comprised of a network of maritime and land routes. It originates in East Asia, South Asia, and Southeast Asia. It then passes through the Central Asian sub-continent, the Russian steppe, the Iranian and Anatolian plateaus, and the Arabian Peninsula. It also stretches through North Africa and Northeast Africa, from Tanzania to Morocco. Moreover, it goes through Eastern and Southern Europe, before reaching France and Spain.
- Using photography in this way acts as a tool to highlight the significant historical contributions of the Silk Roads. Most importantly, it fosters mutual understanding and promotes peace amongst these diverse populations.
- Ushindani umegawanywa katika makundi mawili ya umri: umri wa miaka 14-17, na umri wa miaka 18-25.
- Participants are invited to submit their photographs, which will then be examined by selected jury members.
- Washindi wa kwanza watapata kamera ya kitaaluma.
- Washiriki wa pili watapata kamera ya nusu ya mtaalamu, na tuzo ya nafasi ya tatu itakuwa kiwango cha kawaida cha kamera ya digital.
- Aidha, washindi watapata gharama zote za kulipwa kwa sherehe.
- Wale walio chini ya umri wa miaka 17 wanaweza kuongozwa na mwanachama mwingine wa familia, kwa heshima ya UNESCO.
- A travelling exhibition of fifty photos which best represent the spirit of the contest will start its tour in UNESCO HQ in Paris, before travelling to other countries.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: