Mwisho wa Maombi: 31 Oktoba 2018.
Chuo Kikuu cha Umoja wa Mataifa Ofisi ya Mkurugenzi recruits highly qualified applicants to work as Junior Fellows at the UNU headquarters in Tokyo. Junior Fellows are recruited through a competitive application process twice per year. Graduate students interested in the work of the United Nations — and in particular, UNU — are encouraged to apply.
Kanuni za msingi za Mpango wa Mafunzo ya Wanafunzi wa Junior katika Ofisi ya Mkurugenzi are centred on creating a dynamic, challenging and rewarding experience for graduate level students and young professionals. Successful candidates will contribute to the work of the Office of the Rector, the United Nations University, and the UN system as a whole. The programme provides opportunities for the development of new skills and knowledge and is a unique and constructive setting for the practical application of capacities acquired through graduate studies.
Mpango huo unasisitiza sana juu ya mafunzo, uongozi, na uzoefu juu ya uzoefu ambao huunda msingi wa mafunzo ya mafanikio na ya manufaa. Programu inafungua kwa mwelekeo wa wiki moja iliyoundwa na kufahamu wenzake wadogo na UNU, wafanyakazi wenzao, vifaa na michakato ya kazi ndani ya Ofisi ya Mkurugenzi. Ujuzi na uzoefu wa vitendo uliopatikana pia utafaidika kwa wagombea hao wanaotafuta kazi katika Umoja wa Mataifa. Wafanyakazi wa Junior katika Ofisi ya Mkurugenzi wanaweza kutarajia kupata uzoefu wa kazi muhimu wakati wa kuchangia njia muhimu kwa utume wa UNU.
The purpose of the Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector is:
- kukuza mahusiano na mazungumzo kati ya wasomi wadogo, wataalamu na UNU;
- kuwajulisha wenzake wadogo na shughuli za Ofisi ya Mkurugenzi na kazi ya UNU;
- kutoa fursa kwa wataalamu wa vijana kupata kina, ujuzi katika shirika la Umoja wa Mataifa;
- kufuta wataalamu wa vijana kwenye mazingira ya kazi ya utawala, na;
- kutoa msaada kwa shughuli ndani ya Ofisi ya Rector.
Masharti ya Kazi
Running parallel to most university semesters, Junior Fellows are selected twice per year, once in May-June for the fall term and once in September-October for the spring term. The fall term begins in mid-August and lasts until mid-December. The spring term runs from February to May. Visit the Mchakato maombi page for the specific dates for each term.
Junior Fellows work full time during the regular working hours of the University: 9:30–17:30, Monday to Friday. Weekends and official UNU holidays are days off. In addition, Junior Fellows are entitled to 1 day of leave per month. Junior Fellows are provided office space and facilities, as appropriate for their work, and are provided a monthly stipend in addition to a fixed transportation allowance for their commute to and from the UNU headquarters building. Junior Fellows also enjoy free access to the headquarters’ library and gym and have the unique opportunity to learn about, contribute to and provide assistance in the organization of conferences, lectures and academic forums and symposiums that take place throughout the year.
Participants in this programme have the opportunity to engage in a number of ongoing initiatives that provide a unique window into the working processes of the University. Junior Fellows support the work of the Office of the Rector in the following areas:
- research and writing for institutional development: preparation of executive briefs on priority issues; background research and drafting of topical information briefs in support of internal policy development (i.e. related to the functioning of the University);
- beginning in Spring 2019, the Office of the Rector is interested in having one Junior Fellow with a legal background or similar experience, to assist with projects in legal affairs;
- planning: supporting the development of project management tools and systems;
- event coordination: supporting the organization of lectures, conferences, workshops, and other public events;
- meeting coordination: logistical support and minute taking;
- editorial support: proof-reading reports and copy editing;
- communication: preparation and dissemination of newsletters, event summaries, and other communication documents.
Ufafanuzi unaozingatiwa katika kila mchakato wa maombi ni pamoja na, lakini sio mdogo kwa, zifuatazo. Mgombea:
- kwa sasa hutafuta au amefanya masomo ya shahada ya hivi karibuni (bwana au daktari), ikiwezekana katika uwanja kuhusiana na kazi ya Chuo Kikuu;
- ni chini ya umri wa miaka 32 wakati wa maombi;
- haipaswi kuwa na zaidi ya miaka 5 ya uzoefu wa kazi katika uwanja wao kuhusiana;
- ina amri ya asili au ya karibu ya Kiingereza iliyoandikwa na iliyoongea;
- ina utafiti bora, uandishi na ujuzi wa uchambuzi;
- wanaweza kuanzisha na kudumisha mahusiano mazuri ya kufanya kazi na watu kutoka kwa asili tofauti;
- inaonyesha ujuzi na ubunifu katika kutatua matatizo;
- ina ujuzi wa kompyuta: sauti, mikono, ujuzi wa programu ya kawaida ya ofisi (usindikaji wa neno, sahajedwali, database, nk); na
- ina nia iliyoonyesha katika kazi ya Umoja wa Mataifa na hasa hasa, katika kazi ya Chuo Kikuu cha Umoja wa Mataifa.
Term dates: 4 February to 31 May 2019
Applications for the Spring 2019 term will be accepted from 2 October to 31 October 2018.
Utaratibu wa maombi unafanywa katika hatua mbili. Maelekezo kwa kila hatua ni ya kina hapa chini. Programu yoyote ambayo haitii taarifa iliyotolewa kwenye ukurasa huu haitachukuliwa.
Hatua ya kwanza ya mchakato wa maombi imeundwa ili kupima msukumo wa mwombaji na background na kutathmini jinsi sifa za mwombaji kufikia vigezo vya uteuzi. Hatua 1 inahitaji kuwasilisha hati zilizoorodheshwa hapa chini (ae).
a) Application form — Download and complete the application form. The form may be completed using MS Word or printed and filled in by hand.
b) Cover letter — Address your letter to the attention of the Office of the Rector Internship Committee. Your cover letter haipaswi kuwa zaidi ya ukurasa mmoja wa upande mmoja na lazima ijumuishe yafuatayo:
i. msukumo wako wa kutumia programu;
ii. jinsi unajisikia unaweza kuchangia kazi inayofanyika katika Ofisi ya Mkurugenzi;
iii. jinsi programu hii inahusiana na malengo yako ya baadaye ya kazi.
c) Muhtasari au cv — Provide detailed descriptions of education history, work history, and leadership or extracurricular activities. Your résumé or c.v. haipaswi kuzidi kurasa mbili za upande mmoja.
d) Barua mbili za mapendekezo — Arrange for two letters of recommendation from referees who are familiar with your character and who have agreed to write a recommendation on your behalf. UNU reserves the right to contact your referees.
Certain candidates may have difficulty obtaining academic references and it may be more appropriate to get references from professionals or supervisors. Of the two referees issuing letters of recommendation, it is expected that at least one is a professor acquainted with your academic abilities. Referees should not be family members or friends. See the “How to submit” section below on the rules governing the submission of letters of recommendation.
e) Mpango wa kifedha — Download and complete the “Funding plan”, outlining the source, amount, and duration of actual and/or projected funding while in Tokyo. Visit the FAQ page for information on financial assistance and average monthly expenses for living in Tokyo.
f) Language certification — Applicants must provide certification in English if they do not meet either of the two following criteria:
i. the applicant’s native language is English, or
ii. the applicant completed an undergraduate programme or is enrolled in a graduate program with English as the medium of instruction.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: