Mwisho wa Maombi: Desemba 1st 2018
The U.S. Department of State’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and AMIDEAST are pleased to announce this year’s recruitment for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program. Mpango wa Scholarship ya Viongozi wa Kesho ni mpango wa MEPI kwa wazee wa shule za sekondari wenye uwezo na wenye nguvu sana katika Mashariki ya Kati na Afrika Kaskazini ambao wanatoka asili zisizostahili. Mpango huo utatoa fursa za ufundi wa chuo kikuu cha miaka minne na fursa za mafunzo katika vituo vya kujitegemea vya elimu ya juu katika Mashariki ya Kati kwa wanafunzi ambao wana uwezo wa kuwa viongozi.
Eligible students include men and women who represent the region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity and are from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds, who could otherwise gain admission to, but would be unable to afford, four years of college at an American university in the Middle East. Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship recipients should be prepared to begin the program in the Fall 2019 term.
The primary objective of MEPI’s Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship program is to build a cadre of university-age leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled, who will become the community, business, and national leaders of the future. The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism among outstanding university-age students at the American University of Beirut and the Lebanese American University.
Selected students will join the 447 TomorrowXCHARXs Leaders already studying or who have graduated from these universities.
Scholarship recipients may pursue an undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the two host institutions.. In addition to their studies, recipients will be expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA, engage in community service activities and participate in internships. Limited English- language training will be provided for some participants. Students may also have an opportunity for a study abroad semester in the U.S.
American University of Beirut XCHARX Offered Majors to MEPI-TL applicants who will enroll in Fall 2019
Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences FAFS
• Agribusiness (BS)
• Agriculture (BS)
• Food Science and Management (BS)
• Landscape Architecture (BLA)
• Nutrition and Dietetics (BS)
Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS)
• Arabic Language and Literature (BA)
• Archaeology (BA)
• Art History (BA)
• Biology (BS)
• Chemistry (BS)
• Computer Science (BS)
• Economics (BA)
• Education/Elementary (BA)
• English Language (BA)
• English Literature (BA)
• Geology (BS)
• History (BA)
• Mathematics (BA, BS)
• Media and Communication (BA)
• Petroleum Studies (BS)
• Philosophy (BA)
• Physics (BS)
• Political Studies (BA)
• Psychology (BA)
• Public Administration (BA)
• Sociology-Anthropology (BA)
• Special Education (DIPLM)
• Statistics (BA)
• Studio Arts (BA)
• Teaching Diploma (TD) (Teaching of Arabic, Health Education, Elementary Education, Informatics Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, Teaching of Social Studies, Teaching of English as a foreign language)
Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS)
• Environmental Health (BS)
- Rafic Hariri School of Nursing (HSON)
Olayan School of Business (OSB)
• Business Administration (BBA)
- Kushiriki katika programu ni pamoja na: usafiri, ada ya kitaaluma kwa miaka minne ya chuo kikuu katika AUB au LAU, utafiti wa nje ya nchi katika Marekani, bima ya ajali na ugonjwa, makazi, na mkopo wa kila mwezi wakati wa shule.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: