Application Deadline: Sunday, 17th February, 2019
Utumishi wa Wananchi wa Kimataifa (ICS) is a global volunteering experience which supports young people from all backgrounds to make a real difference to some of the world’s poorest people. It was launched by the UK Prime Minister in March 2011, and is funded by the Department for International Development (DfID).
The programme has given thousands of 18-25 year olds across the UK and Nigeria the chance to join in the fight against global poverty.
Any Nigerian who falls under the age bracket 18-25
No skills or qualification are required to take part.
ICS look out for volunteers who are flexible, adaptable, team players, committed to learning and sensitive to the needs of others.
The ICS programme is usually three months, although from the recruitment, selection, induction and training, it might take up to four months.
Volunteers are not allowed to go home once they have signed up to be on the programme
Maelezo ya Programu:
· Volunteers will live and work in a community for 3 months.
· Volunteers will work alongside UK volunteers in a team.
· Volunteers will stay in a mixed pair of a UK volunteer and a Nigeria volunteer and will live with a local family (host home)
· Volunteers will work with community-based organisations· All volunteers are required to complete an action at home on their return to promote awareness of international development issues
Wajitolea waliochaguliwa hupata siku nne za mafunzo kabla ya kuanza kwa programu na mafunzo zaidi nchini wakati mwanzo wa programu.
· This provides an opportunity to understand the ICS programme and for volunteers to begin developing the necessary skills to take part in the programme.
· Volunteers also begin to look at cross cultural issues and team building.
Uwezeshaji na Msaada:
· One Project Officer and Two Team Leaders (one from UK, one from the host country) accompany the volunteers during the programme.· They also provide training, mentoring and medical support if needed.
VSO hulipa kwafuatayo:
· N2000 weekly allowance to the volunteers
· Host home allowance for host home to feed volunteers
· Transport allowance or arrange for transport in the case of group travels· Medical and personal accident insurance (including emergency)*
Kuwa kujitolea kwa ICS huwapa vijana nafasi ya:
· Learn more about how other people live and about themselves
· Gain experience and skills which will enhance their employability
· Do work which is of practical value to people in a developing country·
Develop skills, knowledge and attitudes, which will enable them to play a positive role in their individual society.
Location: One of Enugu or Kwara State
Kanuni ya Maadili kwa Wajitolea wote
The success of each programme depends on volunteers treating each other, and all members of host communities, with respect. The repercussions of inappropriate behaviour in a cross-cultural exchange are often impossible for volunteers to foresee, or even to understand during their quite short involvement.
|Wanajitolea Lazima:· Treat everyone equally and with respect, regardless of any difference.· Abide by and respect all the laws of the country· Always stay within host communities· Respect the customs and cultures of host communities and specifically their host families.· Take part in all the activities and phases of the programme, including pre-departure preparation and the post-programme review weekend.· Live modestly, avoiding showy behaviour.||Wajitolea hawapaswi:· Use or possess any illegal drugs or abuse prescription drugs.· Drink for any reason, ICS in Nigeria is a dry program.· Develop any exclusive and/or sexual relationship, which may adversely affect interaction within the group and the host community.· Sexually harass any other person.· Participate in any activity or work for personal monetary gain.· Hitch-hike during the programme.· Use Host Home computers under any circumstance.|
Decisions that may seem sensible to one person or to a small group of people can sometimes put an entire programme at risk. To help guard against these problems, all volunteers must conform to the above simple Code of Conduct, which, in our experience, form the foundation for a successful youth volunteer programme. Watu ambao wanapenda kuwa wajitolea wanapaswa kuwa na urahisi na viwango hivi na matarajio kabla ya kuomba.
Kwa Taarifa Zaidi: